This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted:- 802.11 USB WI-FI adapter/ PC3200 memory
Anyone got either going spare and want rid of? My PC's knackered and can't afford to get it fixed at the moment, and my dad has just been given his old work PC for free so would like to get this working wirelessly. It currently has less than a gig of PC 3200 system memmory, so could be slower than a sloth :o

Bit confused about wi fi cards. Noticed most are around 54mps and some are up to 300mps. For just surfing tinternet and watching vids do i need one that fast?
You might not need more ram ... One of our computer has 256mb and a partly stripped down version of XP and runs like a stabbed rat

If no-one has anything to offer i think we have a netgear one lying around at my mothers ... 802.11 b/g plugs in via USB