This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Endura
Is it just me or do they just seem to make fantastic products at the right price? Im going to look like an advert for them before long; baggies, long sleeve top, hopefully soon a gillet and base layer....

Anyone else find this or am I just being sucked in by the brand?!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
"treaclesponge" Wrote:Is it just me or do they just seem to make fantastic products at the right price? Im going to look like an advert for them before long; baggies, long sleeve top, hopefully soon a gillet and base layer....

Anyone else find this or am I just being sucked in by the brand?!

Right price? - how much do you earn?  Tongue

VERY Expensive - although, undoubtedly the best you can buy - so long term, I guess its "reasonable".

I recently got a deal on the Event Waterproof 3/4 Shorts/trousers - they are £110 new - I would never have even thought about buying them at that price.

I got them for £40 (second hand, but like new)

I have the Humvee's too, and equally great.

Im a convert, but you'll never find me in a shop buying it, I'll be on STW and Ebay for my kit.
£30 for a merino base layer? Seems reasonable for me if it keeps me warm and lasts say two winters. Their stuff always seems to be excellent quality and a good fit and not some odd cut like some of the italian cycle clothing is.
"treaclesponge" Wrote:£30 for a merino base layer? Seems reasonable for me if it keeps me warm and lasts say two winters. Their stuff always seems to be excellent quality and a good fit and not some odd cut like some of the italian cycle clothing is.

£12 for a Canterbury base layer - effing superb! - lasted me 3 years so far, and totally brilliant, still like new. One of my best biking clothing items.

http://www.rugbystore.co.uk/collections/...mperf/cold
(Not from there obviously, EBay has them new for cheap)

Endura comes up small (ask me and Breezer) but as you are a racing snake size, you're fine.  When you carry pies and ale like I do, you need to check sizes.
I use the Ba Ba Merino wool base layer, plus I have a couple of thier tops and a gillet...   like thier gloves too but they are so difficult to get of I have gone else where.... as Ben says he owns my set of Events too...

The overshoes are reasonable but perhaps not the best....   but then they are half the price of a top set...

The stuff lasts many years and is ecellent... they are based in the Highlands and do there testing there... lucky buggers
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Just reading through the reviews on IMB has made me realise that I am hugely underequipped for winter riding (apart from having to shove a caked, muddy bike in the back of the car) and should really make an effort. Nigels article seems to offer the best solution of a base, mid and gillet for the cheapest but most effective way of staying warm and fairly dry.
Still dont know how or why those shorts of yours cost that much bmjboy, my Endura full length waterproof trousers were £50 and do a great job, cycling specific cut, dont get hot etc.....
ok £36 now, total no brainer.....  http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Model...delID=9273

Wore my full shin/knee pads over the outside of them at Rotherfield at the weekend, I was covered in mud but only slightly damp rear which was amazing considering the filth and no mudguard, got home and dirtworked them clean...
My £16.20 Royal Chevron shorts WITH liner are great  8)
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:Still dont know how or why those shorts of yours cost that much bmjboy, my Endura full length waterproof trousers were £50 and do a great job, cycling specific cut, dont get hot etc.....

No idea either - although they are called "event", they certainly work 100% - no question.

Worth £110? - Im sorry.... but Im ooot.

Worth £40? - hell yeah.