This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what apps should i get for my Android phone?
I am a new HTC geek and am on the hunt for any must have apps. So wadya know  Wink   Also dose anyone know where I can get a screen protector and case?

Leadbasher - You were telling me adout a GPS app that works off road... What is it called again?
"Treehugger" Wrote:I am a new HTC geek and am on the hunt for any must have apps. So wadya know  Wink   Also dose anyone know where I can get a screen protector and case?

Leadbasher - You were telling me adout a GPS app that works off road... What is it called again?

I use GPSed, but Sportypal seems quite good. These purely record your GPX track. I upload my tracks to Trailguru I think (its been so long since I had a ride to track!!).
Cheers Blackers, i'll have a look at them. Are they free?

Got a clear silicon case and screen protector sorted now which should be here by Thursday. Paid through the nose though as want it before i scratch the hell out of it.
I can't find either of those Blackers. Is your phone a Google Android?  Just installed RideTrack. Supposed to work but a bit confusing and only tracks your rides.
Mr Hugger, get yourself signed-up to Xda-Developers forum.
Everything you ever wanna knowe (and a few things you didn't know you wanna know) about the Hero, and any other smart phones....  is here.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Cheers Blackers, i'll have a look at them. Are they free?

They are free but ive just remembered the Hero is Android. My phone is Windows Mobile so presumably GPSed and Sportypal arent on Android.
"impished" Wrote:Mr Hugger, get yourself signed-up to Xda-Developers forum.
Everything you ever wanna knowe (and a few things you didn't know you wanna know) about the Hero, and any other smart phones....  is here.
Thanks Ade.  Downloaded the free virsion of SportTracker and Satski. I love this phone Smile
Does your expensive new phone help you drive you car around? I donno...moan about the cost of road tax which is what, £195 or something for a year then go out and get a new all singing and dancing phone  :Smile
"Breezer" Wrote:Does your expensive new phone help you drive you car around? I donno...moan about the cost of road tax which is what, £195 or something for a year then go out and get a new all singing and dancing phone  :Smile
It's an upgrade on my existing contract! I'm paying £6 more a month. Did you think i bought it sim free or something? Anyway i choose not to drive my car as even if i could afford to run it i just couldn't justifie the cost for the amount of times i would use it. I pretty much only need a car to cart the bike around.
£6 a month, thats like 40 Fudge sticks ffs