This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pushloc upgrade for Reba SL ??
Anyone know if it's possible to buy & fit a remote lock-out to my Reba SL's ??

I know they also come with remote/pushloc but mine don't have that luxury, thus I'm wonderin if it's a buy-able add-on or just not possible?
Or maybe it's something that could be added if I send the forks for service?

Knowledege/thoughts required Smile

Googling brings up all manner of related (but not right) tosh, hence this query.
You can buy the kit I think, but does mean some mild disassembly I believe.

My Revs have the option too - I looked and said "no way"
'Tis doable Jay, but you don't wnat to do it yourself!

Link to TF Tuned most relevant bit!
http://www.tftunedshox.com/faq/rock_pike...aspx#link5
Right at the top when the page loads.
Fantastic !!!
"Is it possible to fit a remote lock-out on my fork?
Yes. To do this requires a Poploc or Pushloc lever assembly, cable and remote Motion Control knob kit. The return spring needed is not available separately and is only available as part of a complete Motion Control assembly. However, if you send your fork into us for service and remote lock-out, we will fit the return spring at the same time."

Why didn't I find that just now whilst scudding thru that same site? Must've had a 'boy look' Big Grin
Do you need it?  These always seem a bit gimmicky to me.
I do use my lock out on the forks, but not often & reaching down to do it isn't a problem.
I guess the automatic release is handy, but you'll notice pretty quickly when you forget to unlock!

(Unless it's my rear shock of course! 2 laps of Fowlmead & 1 lap of Mountain Mayhem lockout :B)

I'd be interested in opinion on this one..........
Personally Im with Tinc but mainly from a lazy point of view. Id rather just reach down to my fork than fit a remote lockout. Also I guess its just something else to break in a crash etc. Remote for the shock would be nice though as thats just plain awkward when you are riding along!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Main thinking is, I ALWAYS remember to lock-out forks on road/big hills, and ALWAYS forget to unlock the buggers again, til about 3/4 thru single track or after an f'in big bump.
Thinkin a remote lever jobbie would help me notice the fact they're still locked, if you know what I mean.

Agreed though, principle works fine, it's just my brain usually forgets !! Undecided
"Jay Dubster" Wrote:Main thinking is, I ALWAYS remember to lock-out forks on road/big hills, and ALWAYS forget to unlock the buggers again, til about 3/4 thru single track or after an f'in big bump.
Thinkin a remote lever jobbie would help me notice the fact they're still locked, if you know what I mean.

Agreed though, principle works fine, it's just my brain usually forgets !! Undecided

I do that. But I reckon I would forget to switch my lockout off whether I had a bar mounted lever or not.

Annoyingly the Reba Team's for the HT project came with the poplock gubbins on top of the leg, but no lever. So I need to pick up a cheap lever at some point as I cant lockout with out.
I had lockout rebas on the old ht but i rarely used them and when i did i sometimes forgot to unlock again.  I wouldn't bother with it again.  Also something to go wrong as it was a fine line  between them not quite properly locking or not quite properly unlocking depending on the setup.  I rarely lockout anyway though and this is one of those "each to their own" things
I wouldnt bother, i never lockout my forks and the rear of mine doesnt have propedal anyway as its designed well. If you are riding smoothly then the only time the forks will bob is if standing up and heaving away for sudden acceleration so only of relevance on road if at all, you want the suspension active off road even uphill.

The only time I use lockout at all was on my Pikes on my old Dmr when street riding so they were locked then had the blow off set to open up the floodgate when hucking of massive things like 3" curbs