This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My new bike kind of....
Who understands maths and what to look for. I mean I did civil engineering at uni so I should be able to figure it out. I need to check that with a 65mm shock the rear wheel will not hit the seat tube and can't figure out how to do it  :B

resim
Nice drwg... interesting tolerance on the angle... anyway, just redraw each linkage step by step until you get to the new wheel position... simples... Use arcs from pivot points to plot the intesects...
wtf  Undecided
Does everyone on Sketchy use CAD?...

Between us, we should design bikes.

I guess you would need to draw it at max extent and at full compression - did you do the drawing?
cant answer the question as i have never used CAD, would have to do it the old fashion way. Just an observation though that the effective top tube is massive, I assume you must be well over 6ft?
For those that dont know, Nicolai do custom sizes which is why Ian has this diagram, he hasnt designed it from scratch if thats what he is trying to fool you with heh  Tongue

I would prob knock half an inch off the top tube
mrs leadbasher is a dab hand at cad sketch up etc but has not got any interest in bikes so would take a lot of persuading to draw one up.
Sorry, no I didn't draw this diagram,  like Breezer said this is a nicolai dwg. Just need to check that on full travel the rear wheel does'nt foul the seat tube. There have been issues with custom geometry with the bike fouling the st.

Travel settings will be 147, 135 and 120 shock stroke will be 65mm on min travel the levereage ratio will be under 2 so should handle fantastic.
Surely they should be able to tell you? Bear in mind that some tyres have much larger profile than others as well ie Kendas and some Contintentials ie Rubber Queens.
Surely it's their job to ensure it doesn't, they're the experts right?