This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aldi Special Buys 27/12/09
http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/off...nday09.htm

Actually is a "Skiing" special buys however:

Plenty of thermal gear on offer (including Merino Wool thermals)
An Orgeon helmet cam for £59.99
Protective Glasses for £3.99

(And for those Full Face Helmet wearers and Mega entrants)
Ski type goggles in various lens colours : £8.99

The kit is MUCH better than many expect - and worth a look.
Cheers Ben. A merino base layer is on my current wish list, can get 2 of these for the price of one Baa Baa Wink
Thanks for the heads up Ben, must pop to Aldi to grab some merino Smile
I wore a pair of cyling waterproof trousers from there last night - bloomin excellent! - padded/textured area on the bum, plenty of adjustment in the leg etc.

I got totally wet and muddy - and was nice and dry.

I would couple it with those thermal leggings as I only had shorts underneath and wind-chill wasnt nice.

Ive got a lot of their stuff for biking, and all is very good indeed for the price.
You might call me a snob, but there is no way i would go ski-ing where it is regularly below -10 wearing a "ski" jacket costing only £24, or a pair of boots at £12. I would be a freezing blister'ed mess in no time!

Might go for some base layers for cycling though.
"Treehugger" Wrote:You might call me a snob, but there is no way i would go ski-ing where it is regularly below -10 wearing a "ski" jacket costing only £24, or a pair of boots at £12. I would be a freezing blister'ed mess in no time!

Might go for some base layers for cycling though.

Snob Big Grin Big Grin
"leadbasher" Wrote:Snob Big Grin Big Grin
It was -36deg C in Sunshime village last week, and on the 27th Jan last year it was -42 :o I think i'll stick with my silly expensive ski jacket Wink
Layer up ? Big Grin
Mtfu?

I'd go in my aldi shorts.
bought the merino base layer feels quite nice, also got the salopettes, I've cut the lining out put draw cords in the bottom now have a good pair of breathable well made waterproofs, alot cheaper than bike specific ones with the added bonus of braces.