This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20mm Bolt thro' conversion
I have a set of WTB Dual Duty wheels, the front of which is a 20mm bolt thro' hub. These are destined for my XC rig & I have no experience of this 20mm mumbo jumbo!

I have & am likely to end up with qr forks, so.......

What are my options here?
New hub vs Adaptor vs more xc type wheelset advice & experience please.
Is it their wheelset or have they been built? What brand is the hub?
Purchased wheelset I think, although I got them SH.
Hub is a WTB Laserdisc super duty.

I think this is a bit of a lost cause now I've done some more research. I think this specifically a bolt thro' hub.  
They are a strong Freeride rim and the wheelset weights far to much to be considered for XC...

The rims alone are 580grams a piece but they are 28mm wide making them a good choice for putting 2.5 tyres on so someone on here may be interested in them... the problem is that as a 20mm bolt thro they will not work with Fox forks...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Will work with 36's
See the idea was that you lot would come up with suggestions & answers not confirm my thinking! Wink
Can't get adapters for them
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:Will work with 36's

True....  my mistake....  

Tinc...   i suggest you lose em and buy something more suitable...   Tongue

Wanna buy my slightly scratched up XT wheels off me... that would encourage me to go and buy the wheels i want....
That's what I've concluded too!
As MBNUT says maybe this isn't the wheelset for me then :'(
Shame as they are nice hubs.
I'm guessing you got em cheap...   move them on...