This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a heating engineer, new boiler.
Can anyone recommend a heating engineer in (or around) Ashford.  My boiler has packed up & need a quote for a new one asap.
If you get that white adverts paper thing that comes through the door i think theres some in there, i used one years ago, some old guy but cant seem to find his number, if i do ill post it
I had this guy check some things at short notice on my boiler when I was having trouble, didn't charge the earth, nice bloke, not a bullsh1tter...

http://www.dslunnservices.co.uk/
I know this is a year old thread, but who did you use in the end Derek? Any other recommendations?

We don't appear to have any heating today. The boiler is working (well making its usual noise), the pump in the airing cupboard appears to be working but the radiators are stone cold. The pump is leaking very very slightly (well has been for a while so, and is slightly rusty on the down pipe where water has been dripping) so I guess thats probably the problem. Would be good to get it sorted soon as starting to get grief off the wife already.  >Sad
You can get all round annual cover for about £130 from Swale Heating which covers ALL of that.

If you need a boiler though, I know just the man who can help..........  Wink
"BMJBOY" Wrote:You can get all round annual cover for about £130 from Swale Heating which covers ALL of that.

If you need a boiler though, I know just the man who can help..........  Wink

Erm how long after signing up can you call them  Wink
They'll come out same day to sort any problem(s) and once signed off as OK you are covered for all parts/labour therafter.

They'll charge normal plumber/engineers rate until sorted, but as/when it is sorted, then you are covered under their policy.

Signed my mum up to it a couple of months ago, shes had them out 3 times since joining, and not cost here a penny, other than the monthly DD.
send a pm to galveeno on here
Is he local to Ashford?
had this with mine recently but luckily rented, it was the valve after the boiler which was inline with the feed to the radiators, it was jammed shut so no hot water was getting through, plumber replaced it with no draining of the system so I guess theres some kinda of inline worm gear/valve in the pipe itself and it was just the detachable motor bit which was shot on mine