This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needles!
I'm not afaird of needles, least I wasn't....

I've had blood tests/injections and given blood 14 times... So I've no problem with Needles.

But after my last attempt at a blood test in which I woke up sweating more than a river flows, half naked and surrounded by a doctor and 2 nurses.. I'm a little dubious
2 attempts later, I STILL cant bring myself to actually have the test re-done. It makes me feel majorly sick just thinking about it now...

Anyone else?
And moreso, does anyone have any tips on how to get over it?

Besides being overdue for 9 separate blood tests now, upon the result of 1 of the tests will bring even more injections, possibly daily... And this, as you may of guessed... Is going to be an issue if I don't get my head around it.

So, any tips?
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Hate them always have and always will :o

Needles and the work of the devil :'(
Nasty feeling Jon, I know, I was fine with needles until AFTER I was in hospital for 2 weeks having blood tests every day and joking with the nurses about the quantity of tea and biscuits I got in return Big Grin

...now I have to shut my eyes tight and turn my head away :o Best advice I can give is tell them that and just let them get on with it... or do what I did to teh bloke who insisted I needed my 3rd chest drain before being transported for keyhole surgery to fix my collapsing lung..."you'll have to sedate me or I will kill you!"
... he was most understanding... a fat syringe of Pethadine later and we were chatting about Italian engines whilst he made the incisions... 8)
Its just a little prick.......

enough about Steve...... Tongue

Ive never had a problem tbh - the only way to get used to it is face your fear head on - one good/better experience will hopefully erase the memory of your more recent bad episode which hopefully may have been a one off.
I can take a little prick in my mouth ok as I am used to the male dentist doing it for years however I refuse to have one anywhere else. Last time I did was about 12 years ago and I was drunk so wasn't really aware of what was going on. Probably shouldnt have been riding home in that condition as then I wouldnt have crashed in the first place and ended up in A&E at 1am....
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Its just a little prick.......

...Ben walks past a mirror naked... you've been Gok'ed Big Grin :K)
"Breezer" Wrote:I can take a little prick in my mouth ok as I am used to the male dentist doing it for years however I refuse to have one anywhere else. Last time I did was about 12 years ago and I was drunk so wasn't really aware of what was going on. Probably shouldnt have been riding home in that condition as then I wouldnt have crashed in the first place and ended up in A&E at 1am....

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
Injections in the roof of the mouth are the worst...... but still, usually worse things happen if you dont have an injection.
Can't.....type......for.......laughing.......
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
This thread is funny.
But I have a bad needle phobia and recently completed a lengthy and costly(paid by medical insurance) course of therapy. My one blood test since went extremely well.
I can PM you a detailed description of what therapies i tried but to summarise...what worked for me was relaxation techniques and systematic desensetisation therapy.
Hypnotherapy? codswollop for feeble minds  :o.