This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My toes are killing me!!
Ever since it has got cold again and i get the occasional cold toes during rides, my toes have ben bloody killing me, mainly the big toe + 2nd and 3rd on both feet and are really red and swollen and hurt to touch, and occasionally get really itchy too. Someone said last year it could be chilblains, but how the hell do you get rid of it? They only get cold for about an hour max during evening rides, and during the day i've been wearing my stupidly warm snow boots i got in Canada a few years ago. It's driving me nuts, and i'm worried about it affecting my ski-ing in a few weeks time!
Sounds like frostbite. Try snapping one off...... Wink
But seriously go see your gp.
You need room to move. Thick socks won't do anything for you if there is no room for your toes to move as there will be no circulation. If your shoes are tight then wear the thinnest socks you have, sounds illogical but you will be a lot warmer
Raynaud's syndrome
"Longjon" Wrote:Raynaud's syndrome
No don't think it's that as Raynauds is caused by stress and anxiety, and despite being constantly p!ssed off about having no money and a crap job, i am neither stressed or anxious about anything. It's not due to shoes being too tight either as both my SPD's and work shoes are fairly spacious, and socks aren't too thick.  It only manifests itself after i get cold feet, and i never stick them strait under a hot tap or have a shower as soon as i get back (always sort bike out first) which is apparently the main cause of chilblains, so i am at a loss Undecided
"Treehugger" Wrote:and despite being constantly p!ssed off about having no money and a crap job, i am neither stressed or anxious about anything.

Thats quite a lot to be stressed and anxious about if you are constantly pissed off mate!  Wink

I'd go with the first tip, snap em off...
"Legless" Wrote:Thats quite a lot to be stressed and anxious about if you are constantly pissed off mate!  Wink

I'd go with the first tip, snap em off...
Lol thanks, i'll do that right away.

Anyone know if your feet getting too hot could cause the same symptoms? As I said I've been wearing my Salomon snow boots recently since its gotten really cold as I was getting cold feet in my work shoes and by the end of the day my socks are soaking wet sometimes.
"Treehugger" Wrote:constantly p!ssed off about having no money

"Treehugger" Wrote:i got in Canada a few years ago. It's driving me nuts, and i'm worried about it affecting my ski-ing in a few weeks time!
Oh shut up! Don't make me come over there...
There are two type of people who have no money. The ones who never did in the first place and the ones who have spent it all  Wink