This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fowlmead winter series
From an email

Regrettably, we have had to take the decision to postpone race 3 of the Fowlmead Winter Warmer MTB Series which was scheduled for this Sunday [17/01/10] to Sunday 14 Feb 2010. This is because Fowlmead is still under a lot of snow, the thaw seems to be happening very slowly and we're really not sure we would be able to get the course up and ruuning and ready in view of the snow and ice. So, we've taken an early decision so as to inform people as soon as possible.

The new date therefore for Race 3 is Sunday 14/02/10.  This is the date that is available at Fowlmead and it still gives a gap to the fourth race on Sunday 07/03/10.
Has anyone been to one of these races? I was tempted to do a race in October, but didnt in the end, and these ones seem to be close by.

If anyone has been are there different categories for slower people or is it all one race?

I think it might be a good thing to inspire me to ride more in this cold weather if I had something to aim for.
I think they start everyone at the same time, not ideal if you get there late and get stuck behind some kids
"Maestro" Wrote:I think they start everyone at the same time, not ideal if you get there late and get stuck behind some kids

In the summer sizzlers the kids where started before the adults and vets ... I arrived late on the start line many times due to the bike being in peices on the side of the track before every race  :o
Dont you mean every time?
"Breezer" Wrote:Dont you mean every time?

Apart from 1 Big Grin
Thought the kids did their race, then everyone else raced?
The kids are quicker than most of us anyway...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Sounds good this, hopefully dries up a bit and snow goes.

Not sure how I like the idea of being overtaken by the kids!!! :'(
&quot;No Maintenance&quot; Wrote:Sounds good this, hopefully dries up a bit and snow goes.

Not sure how I like the idea of being overtaken by the kids!!! :'(

Watch out for the 10 year old girl on the pink bike