This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stelling Minnis Way - West Wood etc
Anybody ride Stelling Minnis Way Park Wood & West Wood some good tracks, decent descent over Stone Sy by Spong Wood and back thru Elhampark Wood and wonderful path with flint rockgarden bands to Covert Wood and Covet Wood Barham Way?
Yes ride this occassionally.The flint rockgarden you mention as you enter/leave Covert Wood was put there to deter us so i understand.It a appeared a few years ago,has'nt always been there.About a year ago in the same area someone put a wire at neck height across the trail,riders from Activ found it.Wood in this area is private owned and they don't like anyone on there land.Have'nt been since late summer.
[quote="].About a year ago in the same area someone put a wire at neck height across the trail[/quote"]

:o I'll scratch this one off my list then!
No don't scrub off list.Been nothing since and only a small area of the wood is private.Covert and Lyminge/Westwood are FC land.Well worth a visit along upper Elham Valley.
good stuff at southern end and good stuff at northern end but trails in between got a bit overgrown plus the rockgarden bit.
Never ridden round the area but am i right in thinking this is where the working windmill is?

The old boys that show you round are great and the old girls in the tearoom make a real fuss and put plenty of clotted cream out with the cream teas.... i highly recommend a visit!!
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Yes there is a working windmill at Stelling Minnis