This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Earth KMZ file??
I use Sportstracklive on my Google Android phone to log my rides which i then upload to the site, and have just discovered that i can download a Google Earth KMZ file.

Anyone know what i can do with this? I am guessing it's just to overlay the route onto Google Earth, but can i do anything else with it, like upload it to my phone and then follow the route?

If not dose anyone know of any Android apps that would allow me to do this?
"Treehugger" Wrote:I use Sportstracklive on my Google Android phone to log my rides which i then upload to the site, and have just discovered that i can download a Google Earth KMZ file.

Anyone know what i can do with this? I am guessing it's just to overlay the route onto Google Earth, but can i do anything else with it, like upload it to my phone and then follow the route?

If not dose anyone know of any Android apps that would allow me to do this?

a KMZ is a zipped KML.  You canconvert it @ gpsvisualizer.com to gpx and others.
Don't know about following the route live, as I've seen others struggle with this before.
GPX can be converted to a route for Garmin.
Your Garmin gets more hilarious everytime we try and use it for anything vaguley location based lol, I do wonder though if some/all of its user error?  Big Grin
Probably yes as I don't have time to really learn stuff, or the capacity to remember it if I do... or maybe it's just sh*t.
It's amazing how easily you two go off topic :Smile  This is all about me, me, meeee!
A needy mod... just what we all wanted... ??)
Holiday?
Yeah, someone needs one  Big Grin
Ok i've converted it to a GPX file, but still can't figure out what to do with it Undecided  Think i am going to have to totally confuse myself more on the XDA developers site...