This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandy Lanes
Got chatting to the mountain board guys at perry today, they reckon sandy lanes (folkestone) is a good spot to try out, anyone been?

I think the trails are known locally at the 'Dagger' trails, think it might all be a bit bmx though.
Yes I have. It's mainly bmx dirt jumps, well there is a large section very built up, 6ft take offs and large gaps. The main dh run is about 3 mins long and very neglected, no one really rides mtb there any more. Typical story for most places in the East Kent! It also had permission issues. I've not been down there for a few years.
ok wont bother going then. managed to clear a line today at perry for the drop off the roots, then the small hip jump into the table top, nice little run but still a long way to go to join the runs up. still, was almost dusty there today so not going to complain while every where else is muddy.
[quote="]ok wont bother going then. managed to clear a line today at perry for the drop off the roots, then the small hip jump into the table top, nice little run but still a long way to go to join the runs up. still, was almost dusty there today so not going to complain while every where else is muddy.[/quote"]

YOu do the root drop now then?  ;D
Seabrook/Sandgate?
Yeah.
Interesting, may have to check that out, good to know it's there at least... I don't do jumping so that aspect is of little interest but will be heading up to Newingreen etc one day and could combine with that.
I wouldn't bother, apart from the dirt jumps and the one main very poor dh run there isn't anything there apart from a dead straight bridleway that runs from the top of the hill near the barracks to Sandgate seafront just along from the downtown diner, near the pub.
"mashley" Wrote:YOu do the root drop now then?  ;D

yea, but to be honest it is a bit of an anti climax, probably because the landing is a perfect angle so if you drop off with a little speed the landing is hardly noticeable
Anyone ride the disused sandpits near by.Next to bridleway running up to Dibgate Camp.