This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Quarry
"Breezer" Wrote:Hmm maybe. I will be going to Newcastle to see my sister again this year and this time I will be going to loads of MTB places on the trip, couldnt last year due to Fowlmead crash. I will be going to Lee Quarry on that trip so could try and arrange it round then, not driving all the way there just for the event.

Lee quary isn't anywhere near Newcastle is it? I went there when I was overnighting in Manchester. I lost my car key there. It was fairly good, but not very long. It only took an hour or so to ride the whole route twice. There are some big jumps there but as it a old quarry the ground it very hard stone, not good for falling of onto.
Nope but I will be going to loads of places, look at this link below I did last year, think anti clockwise, stay at Newcastle for some days then continue back. http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&i...ed422e&z=6
Nice! I've ridden Jacobs Laddet both ways, is a near impoosible climb but the decent was fantastic, especially on my old hardrock hardtail with cable discs and pads that had never been changed!!
Tongue
I'd go back to Lee quary if I was close by but don't expect to get half a days riding out of it. There was talk of linking it up to other quarries in the area by bridleways but i'm not sure if that has happend.
iirc I plan to do 2 laps of it in the morning then go into the dales for a longer ride (next point up on my map)

Jacobs Ladder is pretty much impossible unless you are elite xc level so my research says, sounds like a challenge to me as I get up most things but I may cheat by letting the air out of the forks to lower the nose!
It not the climb itself n Jacobs Ladder its the rocks and boulders that just seem to big for a wheel to get over!