This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple iPad
Just been watching Apple announce the iPad....  
resim
Big Grin
Either, it's a giant iPhone, or Steve Jobs has shrunk Big Grin
Worse kept secret ever. I havent even read a news article about it but I know it will be overpriced and yet will sell bucket loads due to all the Apple fanboys who like paying over the odds for something worse than other options just so that they can appear trendy
I think that's breezer?

the ipad will sell lots, but unless it has a killer feature to revolutionise home computing it is pointless.

no doubt it has a non removable battery and no drives, so already limited.

the iPod and iPhone brought the world forward by a leap and everyone followed, can't see the world jumping for a pad tablet anytime soon.
It runs all iPhone apps.....   That'll be a 9.7 inch iPad runnung the Fart app nicely then Big Grin
what a waste, an expensive tablet desgned to run low level apps?
Apple Newton FTW  Big Grin
Even though, you have to pay (a lot) extra for 3g, and there's NO multitasking :o, no camera, no phone capability....  YAWNNNN
EDIT:  oh, and NO FLASH!!! :Smile

Annoyingly, Apple will still sell shed-loads >Sad

Best comment, I've just seen on Google 'Latest'  =  Clowns will use iPad to pretend their on iPhones. Big Grin
it truly is for the "I saw you coming" generation. Twitter is alight with it at the mo with loads of
people on the verge of knocking one out over it.... I hope it's splash proof.

tablets have been around for ages, this is nothing new.

I expect it's locked out like their iPhones are and everything runs via iTunes! ebooks and movies, only from iTunes!
"BMJBOY" Wrote:it truly is for the "I saw you coming" generation. Twitter is alight with it at the mo with loads of
people on the verge of knocking one out over it.... I hope it's splash proof.

tablets have been around for ages, this is nothing new.

I expect it's locked out like their iPhones are and everything runs via iTunes! ebooks and movies, only from iTunes!
100% correct....
There's no usb ports....  just the irritating connecter that the iPod's have.
No GPS, either.....  Only A-GPS on the really expensive 3g version...