This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second hand advice
Would a hope pro 2 on a mavic 729 front wheel for £50 be good value sh?

Also what should I look out for, what questions should I ask so I don't end up with a egg shaped wheel?

Cheers guys.
That's a serious rim! Price isn't far wrong IMHO. I think I'd be happy with that if it included postage, but make him an offer.
Questions - can I have some photos please? Is it straight & true? When did it last have bearings replaced? Are the bearings in good order? Does it come with QR? Scratches or dents to rim? Is it a disc specific version? (i'm not sure you can get a rim braked 729)
In essesnce you want him to say it's good nick. That way you at least have a chance if it's not. My experience suggests that most sellers are genuine & you will need a big element of trust in that. If he starts to get cagey or avoids specific questions back out.
Ok so got in touch with the huy and he had sold the hope 2. He's also got this wheel for sale: 729 on a wtb20mm, which he has offered for £45 posted?
He's going to email me pictures. He's said it true but he's not sure if the bearings have ever been changed. Is the wtb hub any good and strong.

Ash.
That's a £50 rim with a £65 hub.
I'd see what he says about £40, just cause it's not hope.
Tis a good strong hub though with cartridge bearings.

Do you have 20mm forks? You cannot get WTB adaptors!
"Tinc" Wrote:That's a £50 rim with a £65 hub.
I'd see what he says about £40, just cause it's not hope.
Tis a good strong hub though with cartridge bearings.

Do you have 20mm forks? You cannot get WTB adaptors!

Yes I have Pikes, you wasn;t on the Sureey ride when I forgot to take the bolt thru was you!  :B Hopefully he'll have the pics for me tonight!
That reminds me: I should get shot of my 20mm WTB hub Tongue
Lace to tough rim and you may have a customer!  Wink
I've only just unlaced it, but if you wanna get a rim & spokes then I'm sure we can sort something.
That wheel is good value though, but it's an option!
"Tinc" Wrote:I've only just unlaced it, but if you wanna get a rim & spokes then I'm sure we can sort something.
That wheel is good value though, but it's an option!

I'll take the lazy option first and see If can get his wheel and let you know! Cheers.
"mashley" Wrote:I'll take the lazy sensible option first and see If can get his wheel and let you know! Cheers.

Wink