This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: Flatish 25.4mm dia bars
Dudes, a work friend of mine is after some flatish wideish bars for his 2nd bike, hence not looking to spend much at all - ideally £5-10!!!!

Must be 25.4mm dia and 640ish wide.

Anyone got anything lurking they want rid of?
Will be tricky as most mtbs bars for the last 73 years have been 25.4mm but I guess he could grind some down or shim some bmx bars but then also 640mm is only wide enough for a toddler
That's what I said (meant)... width as requested, not my choice!
I think I have a set of bars at home surplus to requirements.
They are swept back slightly, but essentially flat I think.
Unbranded black ali, might even be steel!  I'm resonably sure they are 25.4, but I've not a clue as to the width.
I also have a pair that rise about 40mm, which are probably wider than the flat ones.
I'll check tonight & let you know.

Either pair are free unless he wants 'em posted, in which case he need to cover that Wink
"Tinc" Wrote:I think I have a set of bars at home surplus to requirements.
They are swept back slightly, but essentially flat I think.
Unbranded black ali, might even be steel!  I'm resonably sure they are 25.4, but I've not a clue as to the width.
I also have a pair that rise about 40mm, which are probably wider than the flat ones.
I'll check tonight & let you know.

Either pair are free unless he wants 'em posted, in which case he need to cover that Wink

If you could PM me the critical dimensions that would be great.