This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fork advice
Hi all,

I'm after some suspension fork advice please. I've read stacks about forks and just don't know what I'm looking for whether I need remote lockout or not, 100 or 160mm travel and I don't get the difference between air vs spring - all I do know is they need to be white.

Are forks completely subjective?

Thanks in advance
What bike are they going on? How much do you want to spend?
Obviously depends on your requirements, but those air toras from wiggle i posted in the bargains thread are an astonishingly good price. and they are white i think. keep them in mind.
Oohhh i forgot the pictures, sorry! They're going on this:

resim

resim

resim

Woohoo!
Toras are supposed to be crap (no offence) If money isn't a problem I would get either some Fox Float 32 RL/RLC (I have the RL's and they are extremely good) or some RockShox Revelation 426 Air U-Turn as they got a 5 star review and are supposed to be even better.
[quote="]Toras are supposed to be crap (no offence) If money isn't a problem I would get either some Fox Float 32 RL/RLC (I have the RL's and they are extremely good) or some RockShox Revelation 426 Air U-Turn as they got a 5 star review and are supposed to be even better.[/quote"]

None taken. I have two pairs of Rebas. But you are the first person who has ever described Toras as crap. They are the best forks in the price bracket and a pair of air 318s for £90 is stunning value.
Of course if Jellylegs has £300 plus to spend he should go for something better. If he is looking to spend under £200 however...
"jellylegs" Wrote:Oohhh i forgot the pictures, sorry! They're going on this:

resim

resim

resim

Woohoo!
Nice! If I remember correctly the Rize is 140mm travel, so I would get some 140mm Fox 32 Floats. If it were me I would get an offset headset too so I could slackened the head angle a bit, but that's just me... I like going downhill a lot more now Smile
I haven't used a pair of Toras, just what I read in the reviews.
[quote author=]
[/quote]

I abused a pair of Tora 302's for 2.5 years without a problem, a mate is now abusing them and still they have never even been serviced. For the price you cant go wrong but if you have the bucks then go better, Pike's are worth looking at
[quote author=]
[/quote]
There are many types of Tora. The basic versions are so so but the best models have motion control and all that gubbins. Toras are also the same as Recons but a little heavier.  Toras are also specced on bikes over £1k...Spesh spring to mind.

But if Jellylegs needs 140mm travel I would say Revelations asw I dont think Toras can go above130mm (?). Steve got white Revs at a decent price.

Jellylegs...whats your budget? And are you looking to build this up as light as possible or are you thinking more of a durable build?