This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Commencal Supreme
Heres my new frame! Commencal Supreme (aka mini DH) its got 160mm travel.

It only comes in S/M or L/Xl so i went for the S/M, its a tiny bit smaller than my old meta6 but im hoping it will fit aswell as that did.

resim
resim

Fox DHX RC2 with Low speed compression
resim

Got these goodies with it to, Maxle kit, E13 LG1 chainguide and a Thomson elite post (itll only be used on dh days as its very short)
resim

Will update the thread as the build commences.

And yes it is brighter in real life, neon orange!
8)

Blinding!
lucky bas***d!!

looks sweet, was looking at the pics of the cracks on your old frame and it looks like the worst were on the top shock mount which is different to mine so i am confident i wont get cracks there. having said that i think i might have a tiny one on the top left corner of the lower shock pivot (on the down tube), think you had one in the same place but looking at the pics it was the smallest, the other 3 corners are all ok, cant see commencal giving me a new frame to what looks like a 1mm scratch!
will it take a front mech or will you just run a 34/36T single? Are you gonna stick with the float forks or switch to coil?
Mine was pretty well cracked all over they didnt even need to see the frame to issue a warranty and i only paid £100 to upgrade to this, its an £1800 frame!

The nob on the swingarm is there for a front mech so ill be running a double and the floats will be staying, need to try and keep it light as possible.

Just got the headset fitted.
That looks lovely. Do these have any history of cracking?

I used to think the cracking Commencals was bad for owners but it now seems to be more like a fantasic upgrading system!
Gone for 66deg head angle, might be slightly slack.
No these ones have been fine and its a 2010 model which is made in a new factory from the previous years. I must admit ive slightly taken advantage of the cracking frames by upgrading each time. Started of on a meta5 then to a meta6 and now the supreme.
very nice mate! the LG1 is single ring only, won't you struggle round places like Surrey Hills, knowing how much you like to spin, or do you have another bike in the pipeline? Did you have to send the Joplin back too?
66 sounds good to me. Have you got a headset press tool?