This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lizard Skins
Fo' sho' they work on swing arms and chain stays but not sure about anywhere else, I have religiously had one fitted to my lower headset cup but it doesnt seem to have done too much as the bearings were in a sorry state. Just had a new headset fitted, a chris king courtesy of my g/f, and obviously want to look after it, so to "skin" of not to "skin' is my question.
No to Skins.

You wouldnt wrap a wet bit of materal around your chain and leave it so why do it to a headset...

BTW chris king are very good.
Because your chain wouldn't stay on!
[quote="]Because your chain wouldn't stay on![/quote"]

lol...... no because it would go rusty.
[quote="]Because your chain wouldn't stay on![/quote"]

Big Grin

Reminds me ... my headsets bottom bearing its grinding like Snoop Dogg in a club ... Only had it a month, obviously the sealing is shite / im dumb and missed out a tiny plastic seal bit :B Im going with the latter  Big Grin
Definately skins off:

1 - what gets in stays in & stays damp. Engineers call this grinding paste! Sad

2 - you've got a King H/S & you want to cover it up? 8)
Yeah I have heard they are a bad idea, especially on shocks.
[quote="]Yeah I have heard they are a bad idea, especially on shocks.[/quote"]

I used to run the Fork Boots on a crappy pair of XCM's when i first got into the sport ...Scratched the stanchions to bugger with all the grit trapped in !
Noooooooo not for my bike