This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avid Elixir R
I got my new brakes yesterday, they look nicer than I thought they would and the lever feel is nice, off to give them a go in a mo Smile
8)
"Maestro" Wrote:I got my new brakes yesterday, they look nicer than I thought they would and the lever feel is nice, off to give them a go in a mo Smile

Great brakes. Mine have been perfect for the 4 months i have been able to use them. Enjoy.
I love mine. Tons of power!
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
+1, good brakes!
Well 4 hours seemed to have them working nicely, I'm really happy with them  8) Just need to get me 2 barbs and olives so I can cut the hoses down now.
I'm very happy for you....
Don't like Avids but they get a lot of love on here....  fine for UK riding and easy to bleed with the bleed kit but that is one reason i don't like them...   because you have to bleed them occasionally  

The guys coming to the Alps will have to stay of the brakes if they are running Avids as they boil up quickly, not as bad as light weight hopes though  
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Just read that back and sounded pretty negative...   they are good and if you are happy with them then that's the main thing.... defo not putting down your new kit....  

On an associated subject i put some Straitline ,evers on my mates Avids as the carbon lever broke and i am well impressed with them... they look good too
Didnt they get a good review in that excellent online mag? Tongue
It is important to remember that reviews are subjective