This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rusty chain
Morning All

I just cleaned my bike and noticed that my chain has a small ammount of rust on it  Undecided I suspect this has come from it getting rained on the other day coming home from work. I've given it a going over with a chain scrubber and its currently in a takeaway tub of degreaser having a soak.

Anything else I can do?
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Lubing usually gets rid of rust for me
Apply a liberal coating of mud ;D
(ickle tiny bit of chain lube first)
If I make it out tomorrow I reckon theres a fair chance of finding some mud lol.  Will give more of a scrubbing then lube it good  Wink
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Just spray it with wd40 if you get home and its wet in future but avoid your brake pads
Or just dry and lube right after a wet ride or washing it.