This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyclopark (formerly A2 Bike Park)
Here's a bit more media about Cyclopark (formerly A2 Bike Park).
<object width="480" height="298" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://www.mizutv.com/embed/kenttv/" id="prg-5a01f0597ac4-600"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"/><param name="allowscale" value="false"/><param name="menu" value="false"/><param name="bgcolor" value="#000"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.mizutv.com/embed/kenttv/"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="flashvars" value="id=prg-5a01f0597ac4-600&cid=kenttv&masterU=http://www.mizutv.com&skinCol=0x333333&skinH=28&skinBotPadPcnt=0&skinMaxWidth=&skinOver=&disableDog=&autoStart=&looping=&"/></object>
Sounds positive, until near the end when it's mentioned that it all depends on securing £6,000,000 funds, which wil decided in March. :o
Oh, and the original A2 Bike Park was touted as opening in late 2010.  Cyclopark is meant to open in 2012!!!!  ISH!!! :Smile

(thanks to Mudhound for the heads-up Wink)
Assuming funding is found I'd say it would be a safe bet that it will open in 2012 to coincide with the olympics
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/news/articl...ark--28871
Have they started work on this already because just between the gravesend turn off and the singlewell one they have put barriers and have started digging things up into very interesting looking mounds (or someone getting happy with the digger)? gonna have a closer look tomorrow on a ride out if the wind doesnt kill me again!
That interview annoys me.

The cheek of the Cyclopark guy stating "the Kent countryside simply doesn’t offer it [technical trails]"
Reading that you'd think Kent was flat with no woods, hills, or anything 'technical'
and "wouldn't it be better to ... be able to ride your mountain bike more proficiently than if you'd just been crawling along the Kent Downs" ??
Obviously we just pootle around, as there's nothing of interest on the north downs or anywhere else in Kent, is there?

The Cyclopark area is basically flat, so any climbs/descents will be man-made and thus limited to 15-20ft?

Don't get me wrong, it'd be fantastic to have a 'proper' trail spot around here, I'm just not convinced the best place is a flatland right next to an 8 lane motorway!
&quot;Jay Dubster&quot; Wrote:The Cyclopark area is basically flat, so any climbs/descents will be man-made and thus limited to 15-20ft?

I'm loving the sound of the place already  Big Grin
I'm a bit confused now Undecided
That video says that £6m funding is being sought from Sport England & that £5m has already been secured.

Does that mean that the place needs £11m? :o

The interview then suggests that £6.8m is secure, so....... Undecided
&quot;Tinc&quot; Wrote:I'm a bit confused now Undecided
That video says that £6m funding is being sought from Sport England & that £5m has already been secured.

Does that mean that the place needs £11m? :o

The interview then suggests that £6.8m is secure, so....... Undecided

Fowlmead cost 18m so the a2 thing will probably end up costing alot more
18m for a loop of tarmac??
The cost of Fowlmead was'nt just the country park which some of you have used,it also includes the landscaping and road building on the actual colliery site.Fowlmead is built on the colliery slag or waste tip,the colliery was the other side of the roundabout.