This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nice little road ride in the weald of kent
Hello fellow darksiders, couldnt be arsed to get the Stumpy muddy today so I went out for a fitness ride on the TCR  :o

Went from Snodland to Marden via East Malling, Wateringbury, Yalding and Collier St. 32.5 miles in 2.25hrs including stops so about 16mph riding ave. only one hill on the route between East Malling and Wateringbury so gives you a chance to get a nice rhythm going.
Bloody boring on your own though  Sad
Decent pace, but you should take in more hills you know! Def. boring onyour own hence I always take my mp3 player for anything over about 30 mins.
"MudMonkey" Wrote:Decent pace, but you should take in more hills you know! Def. boring onyour own hence I always take my mp3 player for anything over about 30 mins.
You are right MM but I am still learning the darkside bit (and I am not the world best climber  :B) didnt even think of taking my Ipod  :Smile will do that next time cheers Smile
Decent music can really keep you going. My 60 miler a few weeks ago went though Yalding and up Yalding hill towards West Farliegh... it's quite a good climb but I didn't think that as I got started!
You must have passed my house. And gone within 100 yards of where i bust my arm in October. Sounds like a nice run out though. Beautiful countryside out that way.
You should've posted. I wa thinking about going for a road ride but couldn't be bothered on my own! Good route, though!
"Blackers" Wrote:You must have passed my house. And gone within 100 yards of where i bust my arm in October. Sounds like a nice run out though. Beautiful countryside out that way.

Yea lovely part of the world easy to add milage too, by just going a bit further south. May go to Horsemonden next time  

Where abouts do you live in EM then mate?
"zombiejack" Wrote:You should've posted. I wa thinking about going for a road ride but couldn't be bothered on my own! Good route, though!

Sorry Jack, was a last minute thing, was going to go up the NDW on the MTB but its still pretty squidgy up there, next time I'll post it up
Yeah you do need to add some miles as road riding is so easy LOL.... Horsmonden, Goudhurst and back would be a worthwhile extension.
Road riding on the flat, utterly pointless

Riding with any form of music in your ears is asking to be killed