This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drink Beer for Stong Bones !!
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/08/beer_not_pop/
Quote:First up the beer research, carried out by researchers in California. It seems that the nutritious, health-giving stuff is actually a key source of silicon in the diet, which (it turns out) is vital for healthy bones.

"Beer appears to be a major contributor to Silicon intake... moderate beer consumption may help fight osteoporosis, a disease of the skeletal system characterized by low bone mass and deterioration of bone tissue."

Bamforth and his colleagues, having tested a wide variety of different tipples, recommended "highly hopped" varieties as being best for the bones.
Just thought this may be vital info for our injured sketchyites ;D
"Jay Dubster" Wrote:http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/02/08/beer_not_pop/
Just thought this may be vital info for our injured sketchyites ;D

This strikes me as stupid. Alcohol is bad for bones. I cant remember why but its something to do with preventing calcium getting to the bones. Thus I have hardly touched a drop for 11 months.
Well you nkow what these 'research results' are like, usually talkin outta their butts.
I just so happen to like this theory, any reason to drink decent beer is good with me ;D
I bet if you looked at statisics of all the people that break bones in the UK each year.
More of them would be sober than were drunk. Therefore drink is good at preventing broken bones Wink
Who cares if its good for my bones or not, drink makes me feel good so i'll continue to do it!