This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can i borrow a bike please?
I have sheared my rear axle in two and the replacement won't be in the shop for a week so does anyone have a bike i can borrow please?  I don't mind what it is (although the idea of having a blast on Mike's singlespeed does appeal) but ideally it'll be close to Canterbury so i can pick it up and return it (clean) easily

Thanks in advance you kind, kind people!

P.S. payment will be in the form of a pint or some homemade brownies
P.P.S. i will treat it very carefully but should the worst happen i would of course pay for any breakages!
Ive got one, its red and has 20inch wheels, you can also take it on peak time trains easily so getting to the spots should be easy.
Thanks  :Smile

Might hold out for a serious offer though Wink
You can borrow my handjob if you want, need a front mech though, top pull, i'm getting one from meastro and unfortunatly I can't drop it off in canterbury.
Arent you suddenly intrested in that a new bike from downlands cycles that you must demo for the evening Wink Then give it back afterwards ?
You can borrow my Orange Crush. It is a 15.5 inch frame though. I've got to bleed the brakes again as well.
"zombiejack" Wrote:You can borrow my Orange Crush. It is a 15.5 inch frame though. I've got to bleed the brakes again as well.

you've obviously never met nick Big GrinBig Grin 15.5 would be about right eh nick Tongue

[MOD] I have a sense of humour and no issues about my height but that's off topic so i'll ask for helpful suggestions only please [/MOD]
I have an 04 Enduro you can use.
There's nothing wrong with it at all Wink although I'm not that close to Canterbury and the shock is tuned for a more, ahem, portly rider!

Seriously, it's just sitting there in the bedroom until I get the bike shed sorted out so the Wife would be delighted to see the back of it for a couple of weeks Wink
hello matey, sorry about delay, been away and not seen this thread. You can indeed borrow the singlespeed but it is equipped with a ludicously short seatpost at the mo, despite our ET-esque statures I think it will be a bit too low for doing any real miles on. Although Andy has said that he is feeling unfit and so maybe there will be a more relaxed pace to this ride?

It's a bit diddy, the saddle is about 4" out of the frame at full extension and the frame is only a 16", I am in the process of getting a new longer seatpost but it is a weird size (26.8mm) which i have to order. And the forks are now much better than these naff ones.

resim
Keep it foolish...
I have an 18" GT (I thinks its a GT?!) in the shed, I reckon it to be the same weight as a sherman tank though. If you want to borrow a back wheel (if this is of any use to you) then you're more than welcome to.