This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Shocks other than Fox and Rockshox
I was browsing CRC earlier and noticed rear shocks made by DTSwiss and Manitou. However i have never seen a Manitou rear shock specced on a bike and only one or two DTSwiss. Why is this? And has/does anybody use a Manitou or DTSwiss rear shock?
Err because they are not very good. It's mostly only low end bikes that come with Manitou's and DTSwiss shock's are good but they have a tendency to self destruct or need silly amounts of servicing. I seem to remember the 05-07 Enduro came with a Manipoo but i have never seen one with anything other than a Fox in it's place.
Totally incorrect post Treehugger. Its only high end XC frame that come with DTSwiss's as they are expensive and very light just not quite as controlled as RP23's. Manitou shorter travel stuff is ok, not quite as good as Fox's but cheaper, bit like Marzocchies. Sram are almost up there with Fox via their Rock Shox brand. Manitou make some good longer travel air shocks, something which Fox havent quite sorted yet with the DHX air's, their coil shocks are excellent however.
"Breezer" Wrote:Totally incorrect post Treehugger. Its only high end XC frame that come with DTSwiss's as they are expensive and very light just not quite as controlled as RP23's. Manitou shorter travel stuff is ok, not quite as good as Fox's but cheaper, bit like Marzocchies. Sram are almost up there with Fox via their Rock Shox brand. Manitou make some good longer travel air shocks, something which Fox havent quite sorted yet with the DHX air's, their coil shocks are excellent however.
I meant only Manipoo's are mostly found on lower end bikes, DT's cost as much as my house :o
Incorrect again.
I stand corrected.
Breezer is right, DT Swiss make excellent leightweight mostly carbon shocks, which don't really perform as well as fox but cst twice as much.

If its an air shock, Cane Creek are bringing out their air shock soon, and if its coil your after and have lots of money spare then there is CCDB or BOS
"ianpinder" Wrote:Breezer is right

:o this suggests you read what he wrote :o
Cane Creek have had the Cloud Nine out for a fair while now