This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crank Brothers Mallet 2009
Just ordered these as my peddles have been broke for ages and they seemed like a good deal, and they've got blue bits that match my forks and shock :Smile Are they any good? Wanted some SPD's with a bigger platform for the mega. Am i right in thinking a can fit longer pins to them?
lol@retrospective advice query
I know, bit of an impulse thing, but i desperately need new peddles. If everyone says they are crap i'll send them back, but Nigel and Mark have always said CB peddles are good so thought they were worth a punt.
"Breezer" Wrote:lol@retrospective advice query
Big Grin
If they have matching bluue bits you are home and dry!
yes you can fit longer pins, they look like they use dmr  / primo size pins, i fitted dmr terror pins to mine, wick
Keep it foolish...
I tried some candy's and my left knee kept exploding so I had to go back to my old Times which have the sideways float. They cages are pretty shot now so I need some new ones but im looking out for some newish 2nd hand version of theirs which have cages like the ones you bought. I use flats for play time but on xc rides with the spd's it will make life a bit easier when I have a foot out and cant get it back in as spd shoes dont really grip on spd's when not clipped in! at least a cage will help a bit
That's exactly why I want them Breezer, for when I have to unclip and have to rely on the cage till I can clip back in again. Basically I tried flats again recently and just cant get used to jumping with them, so thought this sort of peddle a good compromise.