This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request to borrow a wheel
Further to my thread in the pitstop, i need to borrow a disc compatible rear wheel (9sp freehub) for a couple of months.  Does anyone have a spare lying around i could use?  I promise to take care of it!

Better still would be an old XT hub that i could strip for parts as i suspect it might contain what i need to get mine up and running again

Cheers

Nick
I've got a Singletrack on a Pro 2 you can borrow. I can't see me getting the Inbred up and running for a couple of months at least and it's in the way Wink
You star Andy - thanks!  Shall i pick you up before the ride tomorrow and maybe we can fit my cassette etc in your garage?
"Treehugger" Wrote:I've got a Singletrack on a Pro 2 you can borrow. I can't see me getting the Inbred up and running for a couple of months at least and it's in the way Wink

That rim must weigh the same as nicks bike Big Grin

COuldnt believe how heavy they are :o
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:That rim must weigh the same as nicks bike Big Grin

COuldnt believe how heavy they are :o

And i'll have the weight af an inner tube as i won'e have my ultralight tubeless setup [awaits flaming]  Big Grin  It'll be good for the fitness though!

On a serious note they can't be that heavy and i'm very grateful to borrow anything that'll get the bike running again!
"pittgoat" Wrote:And i'll have the weight af an inner tube as i won'e have my ultralight tubeless setup [awaits flaming]  Big Grin  It'll be good for the fitness though!

On a serious note they can't be that heavy and i'm very grateful to borrow anything that'll get the bike running again!

only playing with you ! They arent to bad ... Should slow you down so i can keep up though  :K)
"pittgoat" Wrote:Better still would be an old XT hub that i could strip for parts as i suspect it might contain what i need to get mine up and running again

Refer my reply in other thread!
"pittgoat" Wrote:You star Andy - thanks!  Shall i pick you up before the ride tomorrow and maybe we can fit my cassette etc in your garage?
That'll be cool 8)  Do you happen to have a small file though, as i had a job to get the cassette off when i swapped wheels. It's an ally freehub body so it's a little chewed up :Smile  It's got brand new bearings in it though Wink I get home just after 5, so pop round whenever's good with you.

Oh and do it IN my garage?... have you seen the mess in there Big Grin
I don't have a file.  Do you have something we can use?  I presume you have chainwhip etc?  Ok we'll do the mechanicals on your drive then - it shouldn't take long

I'll be over at yours about 6 or a little after then
Hey Nick,
What am i doing on here:

Fed up at work : yes
Wishing i'd cycled this morning : yes (in fact both bikes are prepped for departure... just my laziness to blame)
Staring at the SUNSHINE :yes!!

anyway all of the above meant that i felt like a bit of a bike fix!

You are welcome to my old wheels if you want them and they will work for your bike? The rear one is good to go, it is just the front one that took the battering.....! I won't sell them so it is no problem, will probably mount them on a wall someday, in remembrance of lake garda and its amazing biking..  i mean tunnels!