This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my helmet heavy ??
So the helemt I bpught off CRC arrived on Monday but I'm undecided whether to send it back or not. Dont get me wrong its a great helmet, fits well, nice & comfy but going on what others have said it may be slightly heavy. It weights 1.4Kg albeit it doesn't feel that heavy when wearing it, but I have no experience to compare that with. Is there a detrimental effect of a heavy helmet & is it really only when your going over rough terrain you notice it    Undecided
I have never really thought about the weight of mine, but in the basis that my white Rebas weigh about 1600g i would say that you have bought a very heavy helmet....or you have turned to downhill racing. What is it?

A quick search shows a Giro Xen to be about 400g....i think.
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:So the helemt I bpught off CRC arrived on Monday but I'm undecided whether to send it back or not. Dont get me wrong its a great helmet, fits well, nice & comfy but going on what others have said it may be slightly heavy. It weights 1.4Kg albeit it doesn't feel that heavy when wearing it, but I have no experience to compare that with. Is there a detrimental effect of a heavy helmet & is it really only when your going over rough terrain you notice it    Undecided

If it feels comfy and doesn't feel heavy to YOU does it matter what it weighs? I've never weighed mine, perhaps I should!? Mine feels good so I don't care if its 2Kg or 1kg.
"Blackers" Wrote:I have never really thought about the weight of mine, but in the basis that my white Rebas weigh about 1600g i would say that you have bought a very heavy helmet....or you have turned to downhill racing. What is it?

I think we're talking full faces helmet blackers?
Are we? I thought Lagging was a 100% XC man. Mind you, as a man who has put a helmet through its paces I say take all the protection you can.....thats not prison talk either.
Why do you need a helmet for installing kitchen units?
"Blackers" Wrote:I have never really thought about the weight of mine, but in the basis that my white Rebas weigh about 1600g i would say that you have bought a very heavy helmet....or you have turned to downhill racing. What is it?

Yep, its a full faced one to protect my good looks when we go to Wales in April... Spare Christmas money & nothing much to spend it on
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Yep, its a full faced one to protect my good looks when we go to Wales in April... Spare Christmas money & nothing much to spend it on

:o Now you have me worried. What with my reputation and all. Are we riding some nasty stuff there?
Full face on the xc trails will be soooo hot......

If you want something with more protection for xc get one like this which I think Nigel uses, those proper full face ones just wont work for xc... http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Model...elID=17687
"Breezer" Wrote:Full face on the xc trails will be soooo hot......

If you want something with more protection for xc get one like this which I think Nigel uses, those proper full face ones just wont work for xc... http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Model...elID=17687

We saw a number of people using FFH in Afan in September and the weather was warm. The way we rode too was very stop start so lots of time to take it off and cool down. I'm def taking mine too this trip.