This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPhone Owner?
Who on here owns an iPhone?

In the pub last night, almost half the pub did, and entered into much geeky debate  about what apps people have etc.

2 guys in there had JailBroken iPhones - where the software has been hacked to allow modding, and add-ins not necessarily permitted by apple.

One MAJOR advantage one owner had, was a program to get ANY paid for app for FREE.

I was explaining how I wouldnt mind getting the TomTom App for my iPhone for if/when I wanted a satnav in the van - but have been put of by the £50 price tag.

Within minutes, he had it downloaded for free on his phone! - b*stard!  Big Grin

"apparently" its easy to do (see youtube) but wondering if anyone else on here is aware of it etc.

Just curious really, as I may have a go.

The worst that can happen is that it doesnt work and you restore it via itunes.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:One MAJOR advantage one owner had, was a program to get ANY paid for app for FREE.

Shocking! A thief!

No iPhone here although I did find one smashed up under the gfs car the other day. Somebody obviously couldnt justify taking out their pocket 329 times per day so everybody else could see they owned one  Wink

I threw it in a bin at the petrol station, but pretended to be using it so the woman in the kiosk could see, then I flashed the undamaged reverse of it in her general direction before throwing it into the bin. I didnt wait to see but I suspect she was in there like a rat up a drainpipe looking for a free phone.

Just realised this is somewhat OT. Sorry.
It was quite surreal last night, as I rarely do that kind of "iPhone" thing - but at least 8 of us where discussing apps etc, and the barman had his phone totally sussed and had all this "extra" kit on it.

Im not into that, but if it makes me save money, then Im all for it......  Wink

I think I use my phone for email more than phoning people! - the joys of online business.
Im due an upgrade in a month, always had the sony ericcson camera phones but decide i want a smart phone now. Its between the Iphone and N900 at the moment.
"Buzz" Wrote:Im due an upgrade in a month, always had the sony ericcson camera phones but decide i want a smart phone now. Its between the Iphone and N900 at the moment.

Consider an HTC. Mine is superb...HTC Touch Pro 2. A little buggy at times but aside form that superb.
I love my iphone - as its totally customisable and the Apps make it potentially limitless.

but all the others have caught up now, so much of a muchness I expect these days.
a few of the people at my work have jailbroken iphones and they love them. I looks so easy to do as well.
"Deadpool2e" Wrote:a few of the people at my work have jailbroken iphones and they love them. I looks so easy to do as well.

It does look easy - but I just want a simple way to get to the freebies!  Wink

I think I might just buy a couple of pints for the bloke in the pub to do it for me.

One thing I learned last night, is that hes as gay as Christmas - didnt have a clue, but all his phone backgrounds are naked muscle-men!... :X
"BMJBOY" Wrote:It does look easy - but I just want a simple way to get to the freebies!  Wink

I think I might just buy a couple of pints for the bloke in the pub to do it for me.

One thing I learned last night, is that hes as gay as Christmas - didnt have a clue, but all his phone backgrounds are naked muscle-men!... :X

well at least you both have one thing in common then  Wink

Your iphone owners......what else  Tongue
I love a bit of beefcake too..........  Tongue

And we both like beer....

Bonus...

I guess a mans phone settings say a lot about him........