This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ow Much?!
So, I cleaned up the I-Drive today....

Specs pretty much normal, Deore XT/KMC groupset/chain, RaceFace Ride XC HTII and DMR V12 pedals.
No brakes (undecided what I'm gonna do about them) and no front disk.
Pretty scrathed up frame and a fair few paint chips especially around the lower rear triangle area
Comes with a Spare Mech hanger, worth £24

Only what, 10 months use tops, probably more like 8...

So how much should I put it on Ebay for?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Needs brakes... either sell it ready to ride or break it but inbetween is a no go....
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Id split it up and sell in bits, no idea how much its worth. £250ish for frame? thats a complete guess.
Well I'm thinking put the mechanicals on??

And there was another, lesser specced, similar state Gt on there last week, went for £400, other new ones, but also lesser specced are up for £750. but haven't been selling, good thing I dont expect to get that much, but about £400 would be nice.
And if I split it, I would keep the bits as spares, but the frame isn't sought after, plus I have no room, so it's gotta go as a complete bike
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Totally agree with MBNUT!
Gotta be ready to ride or in bits.

Have a feeling Redwinnie paid in the region of £300 for his I-Drive, but I think that's an earlier version.

You'll get more money if you sell it piece by piece but you have to store the bits & may end up with several bit you can't move.  With the I-Drive one of those might be the frame Undecided

It's either gonna go to someone specifically looking for an I-Drive or someone looking for a FS with a budget that matches your selling price.  The odds of the second option there buying just the frame are seriously thin I'd have thought.
I'm not knocking the bike, they're fine, but just not very sought after I wouldn't think.
+1 for a split.

PM sent re avoiding fee's but sticking a reserve on
I did indeed pay £300 for mine. An 2001 model. Hope that was good value? It does have funky wheels and a thompson post Wink Forks could prob do with an upgrade though but I'm happy with it.
Well like I said I'd be happy with £400, which I think is fair for a decent-ish FS which is complete, and works. Considering it's condition too.
I will sell it with brakes, am thinking the mechanicals from the Inbred. Great brakes, and cheaper than SLX's, which as I've said there is no way in hell I'm selling them.
That said, I'm perfectly happy with them on the Inbred, so maybe I should just swap out the Elixir's and sell them unused with the bike, could help with getting some top dollar too.
I'd have thought you should be able to get £400 if it's complete & ready to ride.
Redwinnie's was a bargin!
Yours should be worth that.
The question is where to advertise it ......
In my experience selling bike stuff you often fall short of what you'd like it to be worth, but there is no harm at all in aiming high and dropping the price  if it doesn't sell.

Stw and BR are the best classified sites i have found. Ebay opens a wider market but you get hit for fees of about 10% now then there are paypal charges on top