This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WTD: road-side assistance
holla...

fellow member burnsy has adopted an old 80's road bike for a hack project.

it's the same as this I'm told:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-Racing-Bike_W0QQitemZ150414297693QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Bikes_GL?hash=item2305640a5d">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Peugeot-Racing-Bi ... 2305640a5d</a><!-- m -->

he's after general consumable parts, tyres, tubes, pads, saddle.

I'm gonna help sort the cabling with him as it's ideal to obviously required to out new cables in.

any road based help required to get this on the road as he currently needs this up and running for next to nothing.

thanking you muchly.
asda for cheap cable set, front rear brakes and gears for under £5. Fitted them to a friend's bike recently, no probs. black outers and both types of nipple (yeah, whatever they are called , for road or mtb)
Keep it foolish...
&quot;alkali&quot; Wrote:asda for cheap cable set, front rear brakes and gears for under £5. Fitted them to a friend's bike recently, no probs. black outers and both types of nipple (yeah, whatever they are called , for road or mtb)

asda? seriously?

mind you saying that my local tescos does bike bits. worth checking, cheers
I have a pair of tyres he's welcome to.
Can't remember make or width right now, but they are 700c & free!

Is he keeping the drop bars or going with a flatbar?  If a flat bar I may have some levers he can use, really simple job & makes a very comfy bike!
il take those tyres please mrtinc, I think he's sticking with the drop bars.
If anyone else reading this has some road bike tyres going spare then please let me know  Smile I'm doing similar to my roady
Keep it foolish...
I would love to help but I have no road bike spares sorry.
I can confirm asda do a fair bit of cheap bike stuff. Was looking at some once but decided i'd never live down wearing the 'activity knee pads' in public. Well worth a look for cheap components though
&quot;alkali&quot; Wrote:If anyone else reading this has some road bike tyres going spare then please let me know  Smile I'm doing similar to my roady

Mike

I can do you a pair of tyres, Bontrager ones i think, and all yours 700C X 23
As far as cables go everyone on here shoul be going to Halfords. Premium Gear/Brake cable sets. Teflon coated inners, PTFE lined outers, O ring sealed nipples £8.99!!!

That's XTR spec for £8.99 - no excuses!

I'll have a dig around later Ben to see what else I might have lurking in the garage.