This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shimano boots - Quick Question
I have some SPD shoes which are a size 45, which translates to size 11 uk, they're too big, but comfy none the less. I've found some winter boots, which are a 43, translating to 9.
I do fit a 9, and a 10 depending on the shoes, so should I buy them?
I ask because I've heard a few people say that shimano shoes come up a little small??
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Ive found most cycling shoe are on the small size, if there is a shop near by that sells shimano shoes try a few different models on, this should give you an idea of shimano sizing
Yes Jon, Shimano shoes usually come up one size smaller than marked!
That would figure.. But my shoes are a 11 so in that sense more like a 10, and yet they're too big...
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
I usually wear size 9/10, so with cycling shoes I go for the 10. My size 10 Shimano winter boots definately wouldn't want to any smaller! Undecided
You'll want room for a couple of pairs of socks in winter shoes even if they are already insulated and shimanos are pretty narrow to start with. Can't recommend enough to try (with extra socks on!) before you buy! I didn't so i bought twice...
No you dont. Thicker socks taking up the room in the shoe minimize the amount of room for the air to circulate (I am ignoring wind chill as thats seperate) and for your toes to move and therefore keep the blood flowing. You want thinner socks.

Yes Shimano come up small
and surely those 9's would actually fit more like a size 8, which must be too small for your 9-10 feet matey, regardless of thin/thick socks.
yep, my Shimano Boots are a 10 & I'm a 9. Irrespective of socks they'll be toooooo small  Sad
Ah bugger, just thought I'd ask... Wouldn't want to be throwing away my moniez now...