This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubeless juice
Probably been answered before here but I cant find any thread.

Anyway, I have tubeless rims & tyres so will probably ditch the tubes.  What the best tubeless juice?  

Do most think stans is the best?

Done a big of googleing & there are some right brews out there people make up, adding glitter & all sorts.
Are you absolutely sure ther e are tubes in there? I asked that question of Primera and they said the bike came with tubes, when I removed the utterly useless tyres it came with I found no tubes....

Stans I think
"Breezer" Wrote:Are you absolutely sure ther e are tubes in there? I asked that question of Primera and they said the bike came with tubes, when I removed the utterly useless tyres it came with I found no tubes....

Stans I think

Yeh tubes in place alright as the tyre wasn't running straight, thought the wheel had a buckle but ended up just part of it hadn't "snapped" into place so done the old over inflate, bang - went into place the let some air out.  (messed about 1st & let all the air out so saw the tube)

Stans - fair enough, thought that may be the answer as most people seem to rate it pretty well.  What I hadn't realised is that its something you have to top up now & then, suppose it make sense though through evaporation & fixing holes.
Stans is the only way to go IMHO.

JRA Wheel milk - its just latex and doesnt seal any proper sized holes.

Im all for making my own mixture up and selling it for a extortionate amount though!

Wheres my chemistry set gone?
I havent topped mine up, both tyres are down to about 10psi having not been ridden for 6 weeks or so and they are non ust tyres so leak far more. I only had one puncture back in the early winter when I removed the tyres to swap them, rear had failed just before that on the downs when it wouldnt seal a tiny 4mm slit so was running a tube anyway
Stans is good.  I have also used the Bontrager stuff with no problems at all but to my knowledge neither has been put to a real test

I never top up (and probably should do) but it hasn't cost me dear... yet!!
stans is best
Stans here too. Put the Ardent's back on for last Sunday's ride and it sealed the non UST tyre in about 5 seconds. Fantastic stuff!
I used the DT Eclipse kits in the past and I'm currently running Joes No Flats with no problems.  I have heard and read about people using art latex as a cheap and cheerful alternative but cant talk from experience.
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
"stayhigh65" Wrote:I used the DT Eclipse kits in the past and I'm currently running Joes No Flats with no problems.  I have heard and read about people using art latex as a cheap and cheerful alternative but cant talk from experience.

Yep, I used normal Art latex for several years with an eclipse kit. Seemed to work ok but had a couple of draw backs.
1) the valves used to get clogged up & had top be changed yearly.. not too much of a hastle
2) It dried out within the tyre & had to be topped up every couple of months. It dried to the lining of the tyre so had to be peeled off as it tended to be fairly thick in places..
I've run the Stans "No Tubes" now for nearly a year & its never dried out in the tyre & neither has it clogged any valves..... far better than latex, albeit latex OK of your on a tight budget.