This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cable Cutters
Whilst i will happily spend £38 on a spare rear mech this frivality does not extend to useful things like tools.
So, can anybody recommend a good pair at a reasonable price?
I submitted and bought Park ones when I recabled my old bike. Must admit, they were brilliant, nice size and weight with a clean cut everytime. Pricey? Maybe. Last forever? Yes

Ill have a dig around for them this evening.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Any BnQ will have them - unbranded el-cheapo jobby.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Any BnQ will have them - unbranded el-cheapo jobby.

+1 I paid about £12 for mine a couple of years back and they are still going nicely
Make sure you get one with a curved edge though, flat ones will just squash the cable

FWIW our halfords ones have lasted years of my dad and me using them and still going strong
Draper do them for about £10.. Screw-fix do them for less
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:Make sure you get one with a curved edge though, flat ones will just squash the cable

FWIW our halfords ones have lasted years of my dad and me using them and still going strong

+1
Halfords FTW Tongue
I was given a pair of Park ones as a gift about 4 years ago which are still great quality  Smile
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
I've got some Ice Tools ones which are very good. Cost about £19 from Downlands. Have several other Ice Tools tools too and think they are as good quality as Park Tools.
Cheers Guys. Ill try Screwfix....do they have shops or are they mail order/internet only?