This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car Mechanic
Anybody know any decent mobile car-mechanics?

My '04 Fiesta has just decided to start juddering.  In my untrained opinion, it feels as if 1 spark plug is misfiring/firing weak (if that's possible ??)).

Every time I get my hands dirty under a bonnet I fix 1 problem I cause 2 more :B
"impished" Wrote:Anybody know any decent mobile car-mechanics?

My '04 Fiesta has just decided to start juddering.  In my untrained opinion, it feels as if 1 spark plug is misfiring/firing weak (if that's possible ??)).

Every time I get my hands dirty under a bonnet I fix 1 problem I cause 2 more :B

Send MrTincs a PM he knows a good one  ;D
Ade. I have an 04 fiesta too. Mine has done this twice and the aa tell me it is i known fault. Its a black thing that the four cable things go into. the recommended action is a new black plastic thing and new cables and plugs. The aa actually carry the part in all their vans because it happens to so many fiestas.
In my experience it gets worse to the extent that the car is virtually undriveable. Looks an easy job though if you are mechanically minded.
As you can tell I am shyte with cars.
"Blackers" Wrote:Ade. I have an 04 fiesta too. Mine has done this twice and the aa tell me it is i known fault. Its a black thing that the four cable things go into. the recommended action is a new black plastic thing and new cables and plugs. The aa actually carry the part in all their vans because it happens to so many fiestas.
In my experience it gets worse to the extent that the car is virtually undriveable. Looks an easy job though if you are mechanically minded.
As you can tell I am shyte with cars.

Coil pack and HT leads then?
"MudMonkey" Wrote:Coil pack and HT leads then?

Or has it got a distributor in which case its the distributor cap, HT leads and plugs.
A crack in the cap will allow leakage of the high voltage through arcing causing a weak spark and missing
worse in damp weather
Not on an 04, surely... what engine are we talking here... 1.25, 1.3, 1.4 or 1.6???
I think the problem may be that its not French?
"Breezer" Wrote:I think the problem may be that its not French?

Not particularly helpful!
He's is a 1.4, and pretty sure these don't have a distributer.
"Breezer" Wrote:I think the problem may be that its not French?

Big Grin
Right on cue Wink

Should I mention my knackered Peugeot (French) 307 I had?