This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheels and forks
Due to a much publicised planned upgrade I will have a couple of spares for sale.  I am asking here for offers, or for what you think they would be worth if I post on STW etc

I have a set of 2008 (pretty sure they are 08) dual air Revelations.  Black lowers, air spring side has just been stripped and re-oiled.  219mm steerer and come in a 1730g using my fishing scales.  There is a small amount (couple of mm) of "stick-down" on these.  Not sure if it the air settings I am using or whether the seals need replacing.  They are quite chipped near the bottom (some paint missing) and some of the decals have been worn off.  But overall they are a lovely fork and will be a bargain for someone!!

The wheels are XT M775 tubeless ready wheelset with brand new bearings and a bag of spare bits.  Nice and light (1680g excl skewers and rotors) and in good condition.  They have never let me down and I wouldn't be replacing them if I could  fit them on the (planned) new fork.  Standard QR axles on the front and rear

What do you think they are worth?  Anyone interested in making me an offer??
I payed 260 for my 09 revs so i would imagine about 200 ?
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:I payed 260 for my 09 revs so i would imagine about 200 ?

Maybe a little less. Merlin have some for £260 at the moment and i would always pay £60 more for new with warranty.
£175 i reckon.
If you run more in the negative chamber that will suck them down a bit, release all the air from that and they should revert up to full travel, if not then........
Ok will check that out Breezer - thanks

What about the wheels then chaps?
"Blackers" Wrote:Maybe a little less. Merlin have some for £260 at the moment and i would always pay £60 more for new with warranty.
£175 i reckon.

I think the Merlins are 409s and weren't in stock last time i checked.  Not sure what the difference is but mine are 426
"Breezer" Wrote:17

Thanks.  Anyone got anyhting helpful to add? Wink
heh, 409's may be coil or have steel steerer etc, basically they are not as good
pittgoat do you still have the wheel set and how much are we looking at Undecided