This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake hose replacement.
Anybody use goodridge brake hoses? is it really worth the £60 or is there any other cheaper alternative brands?
I have Goodridge hoses and I noticed I big difference after fitting. Levers felt harder and less spongy, and they don't expand at all unlike normal hoses which can reduce breaking power. I definitely think they are worth it.
So i guess ill need to buy 2 sets of these to do both front and rear.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Model...delID=2947
"Treehugger" Wrote:I have Goodridge hoses and I noticed I big difference after fitting. Levers felt harder and less spongy, and they don't expand at all unlike normal hoses which can reduce breaking power. I definitely think they are worth it.

absolutely...
If you can wait a couple of days I may be able to get them cheaper for you. I did have an account with one of the importers but its been a while since I've used them so may not be active... I also have to remember what they are called  Big Grin Big Grin

PM me what you're after...  colour, brake model etc & I'll see what I can do
That sounds really expensive and doubt its worth £60 unless your brakes are really mushy? Maybe just bleed them first. I have them on my Hopes but they came with them 2.5yrs ago so dont know what they are like without....they were only £10 more per brake when buying new hence why I went for them.
Russ- I ordered too much when i did mine and have 190mm left over which you can have if you want. It's 190mm long. Excuse my rubbish photography, the autofocus is shite.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />   
"Treehugger" Wrote:Russ- I ordered too much when i did mine and have 190mm left over which you can have if you want. It's 190mm long. Excuse my rubbish photography, the autofocus is shite.

190mm or 190cm? not much i could do with 190mm of hose matey, thanks for the offer going to see if its cheaper getting it all seperatly.

Lagging, thank you thats really kind of you, ill pm you in a bit.

Breezer, is an expensive upgrade and im not sure if its worth it, mark upgraded his xts to goodridge and has just said he doesnt think i should bother.
"Buzz" Wrote:190mm or 190cm? not much i could do with 190mm of hose matey, thanks for the offer going to see if its cheaper getting it all seperatly.

Lagging, thank you thats really kind of you, ill pm you in a bit.

Breezer, is an expensive upgrade and im not sure if its worth it, mark upgraded his xts to goodridge and has just said he doesnt think i should bother.
Sorry 190cm :B  Easily enough for the front brake.
Thanks alot andy, ill measure my hoses tonight and see if itll fit the rear, if it does ill have it off you. How much do you want for it? or i can pay you in french beer!!  Is it clear?