This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for the Mod's
Just a suggestion/question.

Is there a way you could have an area of the site to hold a simple running list of races & events coming up.

Say something like this - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.whiteoaktri.co.uk/pages/Races%20to%20do.htm">http://www.whiteoaktri.co.uk/pages/Races%20to%20do.htm</a><!-- m -->

So yeh the content of that one is not much interest but you get the  idea,  something we can have anything from fowlmead races to national DH champs - just so we can see whats coming up, take part in, go watch etc if you get my drift.

I guess it would need to be something we can all edit - ie add to.  

Possible or not?
Well if you would like to do the honers and post something up in the racing section we could then make it a sticky so it's always at the top of the page, which everyone can then update as needed. That would be the easiest way of doing it.
Nah there are too many events, with all the national XC & DH, southern XC stuff, gorrick, fowlmead, thetford races, etc etc - you get the idea.  Needs some structure behind it.  If its not possible no worries - pity though as 1 place to look for whats on, link to site, date, price etc would be real handy.

I have a s/s of my own that I shove stuff on but one here would be better.
add them to the calendar?
Steve could create a google
spreadsheet which everyone can view and edit.

we can then make a sticky post or something like that.
calendar entry would be better
&quot;MudMonkey&quot; Wrote:calendar entry would be better

Calendar is not too 'Hot' - although still fine - but only editable by mods - and most of us have no idea how to do it.
How about a Google Calendar that can be shared for all to view? You can change the settings to allow others to modify etc
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:Calendar is not too 'Hot' - although still fine - but only editable by mods - and most of us have no idea how to do it.

Mods should know how to do it, or make it more simple... having a calendar function and not using it is just plain lame.
&quot;MudMonkey&quot; Wrote:Mods should know how to do it, or make it more simple... having a calendar function and not using it is just plain lame.

YEAH!!! If the mods dont perform thay should be docked pay! :Smile