This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IE help
I dont know what version I use, but I've had the same one for over a year. Yesterday all of a sudden the damn thing changed. My top task bar/address bar/tabs etc now folds away. I have to hover the mouse over it to change page ertc. Driving me nuts!

Anyone know how to fix it? I'm stumped.
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Press F11 to get out of full screen view

THen throw IE in the bin and get firefox Big Grin
Why do people use it. Someone here just got a sodding bho exploit ffs
Firefox FTW.

Amazon no longer support IE now apparantly! - had a message from them today.

They are working with other browser developers.

Pretty foolish imho as the majority if new PCs FORCE you to use IE anyway.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Firefox FTW.

Amazon no longer support IE now apparantly! - had a message from them today.

They are working with other browser developers.

Pretty foolish imho as the majority if new PCs FORCE you to use IE anyway.

I thought they didnt now ?As Microsoft get sued a stupid amount of money because it was deemed they was "Forcing" IE onto Windows users in older OS' ?
I have firefox, but try and try as I might I really cant get on with it. Tried Chrome too, and that went ape sh!t on me, tried again a few days later... Working is not something it wanted to do. All sorted now though, f**king thing.
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:I thought they didnt now ?As Microsoft get sued a stupid amount of money because it was deemed they was "Forcing" IE onto Windows users in older OS' ?

Correct, you now get a box asking you which browser you would like and a link to download it. IE isnt forced on you in the same way but its still an option that I would imagine 99% of the uninformed population will take as its familar.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Or people like me, at work, I have to use IE6. (luckly I personally sweet talked the IT bod to install firefox) Everyone else still has to cope with IE6.  :o
"redwinnie" Wrote:Or people like me, at work, I have to use IE6. (luckly I personally sweet talked the IT bod to install firefox) Everyone else still has to cope with IE6.  :o

We are only just migrating to IE8 so I feel your pain. However I am the IT bod so I installed firefox for myself!  Tongue
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon
Why would you want to use IE8 in the office?

Yes MS now give you the choice of what browser to run but about 5 of the 18 or how ever many options all use the same underlying render engine as IE so have similar problems...