This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap Footwear for Flats
The GF rides flats. She wouldnt get on with SPDs. The pedals are the flats that came with the Boardman. They have pin things and look competent. So what cheap footwear should we be looking for to offer her some grip? Any of you flat pedals users got any suggestions?
I use a cheap pair of karrimor walking shoes. You know the one that are about £15 in soccer sports/donnay shops. They have a grippy sole for walking but it grips pin pedals amazingly well. They are quite sturdy and stiff sole as well . Which is nice  Wink
Ive seen those is Sports Soccer. Ill take a look. Cheers.

TK Maxx was going to be my other option. Lots of skaterdude shoes there.
My best flat trainers are a pair of CAT something or other's. Normal trainers, stick like sh*t
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
+1 for karrimors. you/she wants the walking trainers, and sportsdirect is best at the moment.

I've tried skater shoes (airwalk and vans) and neither seem as good as karrimors.

for the price, best option by far.

I live in karrimors at the moment, bought 2 pairs from sportsdirect recently.
just take her to tkmaxx or a skate type shop, animal, freespirit (closed i know) that type of thing.  A pair of Vans or similar will do the job perfectly especially if you can get the waffle sole.
Nike shop in Ashford has ACG Walking shoes with decent grip on the soles for £30-£40 they look good too. I use a pair similar to these for riding with flats and the grip excellent. I paid £35 quid for mine in the Outlet shop. They have womens ones too. There are now 3 or 4 walking outdoor type shops over the outlet now so it may be worth an afternoons trip down to have a look, Animal have a shop there too.