This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New SmartPhone
Ok im due an upgrade at the end of the month and want to jump on the smart phone band wagon. Ever since the first Sony Ericsson camera phones came out ive had them all, K750i, K800i, K850i and i now have the C905. So having a good camera is fairly important for me.

I also listen to the radio alot on the train to work on my phone and the majority of smart phones i see dont have a fm radio, i doubt internet radio will be much good on a train? as far as i can see only the Nokia n900 has a Fm radio. Yeah i know im looking at smart phones and thinking of old fm radios  Big Grin

Network will be 02,

Current phones im considering are:

Nokia N900, ok camera, specs are pretty impressive, on reviews it seems to outspec the Iphone. Only thing about this phone is its lack of support as Nokia have gone down there own Maemo system. (has an fm radio)
http://www.nokia.co.uk/find-products/all...in/landing

Sony Ericcson Xperia X10, being released anytime now. Android phone so i guess itll have good support. Good camera.
http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products...?undefined

Apple Iphone Dont really need to say anything, its not high on my list. Everyone i know pretty much has one, so the support is really good and do i want to be missing out on this.

HTC Hero Adroid, dont really know much about it.

Personally like the look of the Sony Ericcson.

Thoughts anyone?
My thoughts?

I think Ben will say iPhone, Andy will say HTC Hero Wink

Will be interested to see what you go for as i'll be upgrading before too much longer i would imagine

[Edit] Oh and Breezer will say iTrendy at some point on the thread [/Edit]
iphone doesnt have a FM receiver - so I wont recommend - although there are some great streaming channels in apps you can use.  And obviously it is an ipod too.  Camera is pants though, so dont bother if radio and camera are high on the priorities.
"pittgoat" Wrote:My thoughts?

I think Ben will say iPhone, Andy will say HTC Hero Wink

Will be interested to see what you go for as i'll be upgrading before too much longer i would imagine

[Edit] Oh and Breezer will say iTrendy at some point on the thread [/Edit]
Lol, I would reccomend the Hero but for the fact it dosn't have an FM radio and the camera Isnt brilliant. It's 5mp but is worse than the cam on my old N95. But I got it because its Google Android and has a superb web browser, so I would reccomend the X10.

I personally wouldn't touch another Nokia, especially one with an unknown OS.

Itrendy (ha beat you to it Breezer) is good if you want everything in one device, but as Ben will no doubt agree it dosnt do everything very well, and no radio.
"Treehugger" Wrote:but as Ben will no doubt agree it dosnt do everything very well, and no radio.

Undecided

Its does a lot of things VERY well.... just not the things Russ is looking for!  Tongue

I rarely use the camera, on any phone, so wasnt a priority for me, and dont commute, so radio wasnt high up on the agenda either.

I dont think there are many phones which tick all boxes 100%.

Give it time though....
Mark all emails as read in a Imap sub folder...? no.....
"Breezer" Wrote:Mark all emails as read in a Imap sub folder...? no.....

Its because you have to read them......... theres no mass delete either.  And yes, that does annoy me too.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Undecided

Its does a lot of things VERY well.... just not the things Russ is looking for!  Tongue

I rarely use the camera, on any phone, so wasnt a priority for me, and dont commute, so radio wasnt high up on the agenda either.

I dont think there are many phones which tick all boxes 100%.

Give it time though....
I thought I read a post by you complaining that it isn't that user friendly or customizable like some other smart phones... or it could have been someone else? Have to admit I skim read the Iphone thread as I don't have one :B
"Treehugger" Wrote:I thought I read a post by you complaining that it isn't that user friendly or customizable like some other smart phones... or it could have been someone else? Have to admit I skim read the Iphone thread as I don't have one :B

Its very user friendly, not very customisable.

For me, it does exactly what I need it to.

For Cupcakes query, its perfect for her.

For Russ' query - its not perfect for him.

I would rule out the iphone for Russ, given what his requirements are regarding camera and radio etc.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Its because you have to read them......... theres no mass delete either.  And yes, that does annoy me too.

You can highlight multiple messages to delete at once... or am I getting the wrong end of the stick?
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon