This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Difference between 06 Enduro and SX Trail?
Anyone know what the differences are between the rear end of my 06 Enduro and the SX Trail of the same age, or know how o could find out? Just been into Cycles UK who had an SX in there, and as far as I could see it looks like the only thing that is different is the lower shock mount linkage (the black linkage on mine). So I was wondering if just swapping that for an SX one would increase my rear travel to 160mm (from 150) or dose It have a longer stroke shock too.

And yes I do always want more travel Wink
I dont see the point ? It will probally muck up geometry and raise the BB ?
I think you'd have to be very careful about swapping the entire back end over! How much would it cost you? Could be an expensive experiment.

Fwiw though - i was looking at your bike on Tuesday and was wondering how on earth you cope round Blean with only 150mm travel on the back Wink Big Grin Big Grin
People ride DH on hardtails.........STFU (first word is skill not shut lol, rest you should be able to work out from similar ones like MTFU)
I don't think they'll use the swing arm to alter the travel.  I think they'll use the link back to the frame.
By altering the distance between the bolts by quite small amounts they can easily generate 20mm more travel at the wheel.
That would make swing arms common throughout the range.
Geometry is different between the two machine too as the SX has longer forks & slacker angles.

I'd reckon this'd be alot of money or sodding around for 10-20mm more travel.
STFU FTW LMAO

Blean loves hardtails and rewards them with muddy love.
Keep it foolish...
I meant the swinging black link that connects to the bottom of the shock yes, not the whole back end. I'm mainly just curiouse, as otherwise the frames are identical and I think have the same head angle, but if it's just a case of swapping that linkage and Is cheap I might consider it.
Ahhhh....   time for your medicine Mr Hugger........    Undecided
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Ahhhh....   time for your medicine Mr Hugger........    Undecided
Big Grin
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:I meant the swinging black link that connects to the bottom of the shock yes, not the whole back end. I'm mainly just curiouse, as otherwise the frames are identical and I think have the same head angle, but if it's just a case of swapping that linkage and Is cheap I might consider it.

Those links are clever little things.  Mine is a "flip-flop" link.  I can change the BB height & head angle depending which way up I fit the thing!  Can't change the travel as that would mean more holes.
If you want to experiment for free make a wooden replacement for the linkage, let the air out of your shock, put it on a stand & play with it - just don't ride it like that Big Grin

Something to put you off ;D