This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal BB
Anyone remember what length internal BB is required for an Inbred 456? I know there was a very long thread on this a while ago but am having problems searching for it on my phone and want to pick one up on the way home.

Steve- The chainset you gave me, is it octalink?
"Treehugger" Wrote:Anyone remember what length internal BB is required for an Inbred 456? I know there was a very long thread on this a while ago but am having problems searching for it on my phone and want to pick one up on the way home.

Steve- The chainset you gave me, is it octalink?

Either octalink or powerspline, Whatever SRAM's version of the splined axle is
The correct length for the cranks you are using
Here we go again......... :Smile

Frame dictates shell width.
Crank dictates axle length.

Therefore there is no correct BB axle length for an Inbred 456 Tongue

IIRC the crankset Steve donated is SRAM therefore it's ISIS not Octalink - the two are not compatible.
The shell is 68mm i can tell you that andy
Just dont try and run a 38T middle on a 456...
"Breezer" Wrote:Just dont try and run a 38T middle on a 456...

Wow your in a helpful mood today :Smile

Sorry to wreck everyone's day by dragging this subject from the grave, but to be honest I never envisioned having to ever by an internal BB until Steve very generously gave me his Truvative's, so I didn't pay that much attend to the figures in the other thread, and cant remember what the thread title was or who the OP was, so in this area of crappy signal I find myself in its impossible for me to search for it right now. So if anyone remembers off the top of their head what length I need with a 68mm shell that would be cool.
That was helpful. A 38T middle on a 456 with correct length BB will not clear the chainstay....
Ill do some digging around andy, Got nothing better to do as ive spent the last 24 hours with the dog being sick
you need a 68x113 Powerspline bottom bracket andy  Smile