This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Motorbike - Suzuki GP125
Are there any Sketchites with a motorcycle passion?

I have a 1978 (I think) T reg Suzuki GP125.  It's in reasonable condition for it's age, but it is 32!
I've owned it since I was 16 & it was used regulary up to several years ago.  Probably more years than I think. :B  I used to keep it running, taxed & tested just in case as it was so cheap.

It will want a lot of TLC to be used again, but it is not beyond repair nor should it be costly, just time mainly.  I'm sure I can get it running given about 30 mins & half a gallon of unleaded.
It's a two stroke single with rotary valve induction & it has never let me down.

A man was supposed to coming from North Wales for it, but he found one closer to buy - i was free to him too!

If necessary I'll scrap it, but if there is anyone looking for a cheap mode of transport who can put a bit of mechanical know how to it then I'd rather it go to a good home.  Doesn't have to be a Sketchite either, even if you know someone who knows someone.
Maybe someone's lad/lass is racing up on 17 & wants a proper motorbike instead of a dangerous scooter.  Maybe someone does a mechanic night class - whatever.......

Road Tax is £15/year, MOT is £27.50/year, fuel consumption is bugger all.  Cheaper transport you will not find, but I must stress a penchant for mechanics is a must!
(This is a proper road going motorbike, not a scooter nor an offroad type machine)
I will take it if none of the younger members want it.....   i had one when i was a lad and its a great way to get around for next to nothing...
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
I wouldn't mind borowing it,k my next door neighbour can help me fix it up, as i might be going back to university and selling my car. once i'm finished with it i don't mind passing it on again
I be very pleased to see either of you two gentlemen take it away. I will be genuinely sad to see it go, but knowing it's going to be used is what I'm after really.
I thought about an ad in the paper, but realised I'd probably then have to ride round it's charred remains in a couple of weeks time. :o

I really like the idea of it being passed on again. Maybe you could sort it between you, Ian uses it & then pass it on to Nigel.
I'll let you sort it between you. It's at my house all the time & I'd recommend you see before agreeing to take it.
I really don't think she's that bad, but I'd want you to know exactly what you are in for.

Last time I insured it it was about £40! So including tax & MOT that's transport for less than £80 per year.
Does about 100 miles on a tank full & you probably won't get £10's worth in there.  
I'll have a chat with Ian....  thanks Martin
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Sorted a few pics to make the "chat" more constuctive.

Suzuki GP125

Whilst I dn't mean to rush anyone it'd be nice to know if you do want it before I disapear at the end of March.  Just so we can either work out delivery/collection when I get back or I can get the scrap man in. Sad
If i could ride a motorbike i would be the bidding for this
If I had money to learn, Id look into this also.... but I dont.

This isnt helping is it?
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:If I had money to learn, Id look into this also.... but I dont.

This isnt helping is it?

Not at all, but it's quite funny! Big Grin Big Grin

I learnt to ride on this & I've taught about 5 others on it, so If you want to learn it's the right machine. Wink
||||Tinc, i'll def take it off your hands, if you want rid of it feel free to drop it round i can always put it in the garage or out the back. I'll sort it out with nigel