This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The importance of rehydration
It's March, i've been out on my mtb a grand total of twice since the last Sketchy trip to Wales and only once on the road bike AND i've signed up for a 65 mile ride this sunday with Bordercolliesam. So last weekend i dragged my ass out and thought i'd put in a 50 mile ride to blow out the cobwebs for good. 25 miles to the inlaws, a short break and 25 miles back. Job done. Well, not quite. What in fact happened was i did the 25 miles there (mostly up hill) had a few bottles of Stella and put the bike in the boot of my other halfs car.....

The training of champions.
"NOT4ROADUSE" Wrote:It's March, i've been out on my mtb a grand total of twice since the last Sketchy trip to Wales and only once on the road bike AND i've signed up for a 65 mile ride this sunday with Bordercolliesam. So last weekend i dragged my ass out and thought i'd put in a 50 mile ride to blow out the cobwebs for good. 25 miles to the inlaws, a short break and 25 miles back. Job done. Well, not quite. What in fact happened was i did the 25 miles there (mostly up hill) had a few bottles of Stella and put the bike in the boot of my other halfs car.....

LOL nice work there mate. Glad to see your still about.
That is exactly what i've had done....

How are you, how's the shoulder....
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
My shoulder is good thanks, remarkable even given what it went through. Plate and pins out in November and no real problems since. Bit skinny as i've not been able to do as much weights but it'll come back. Mind you with all this road riding i'm supposed to be doing i'll probably need to start on the weight gain, or more Stella maybe.

I'll see you both in Wales again! Ben has added me to the definite's list since he locked the thread. Catch up then if not before.
&quot;NOT4ROADUSE&quot; Wrote:It's March, i've been out on my mtb a grand total of twice since the last Sketchy trip to Wales and only once on the road bike AND i've signed up for a 65 mile ride this sunday with Bordercolliesam. So last weekend i dragged my ass out and thought i'd put in a 50 mile ride to blow out the cobwebs for good. 25 miles to the inlaws, a short break and 25 miles back. Job done. Well, not quite. What in fact happened was i did the 25 miles there (mostly up hill) had a few bottles of Stella and put the bike in the boot of my other halfs car.....

I hate to be the bringer of bad news mate, but its a 75 mile ride we are doing and not 65.....wishful thinking Big Grin
That is in fact good news. I was refering to the ride we've already done, i thought the Kent Sportive was closer to the 85 mile mark. Only 75, we'll be round the course in 30 mins... Big Grin