This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carera Virtuosa Road Bike
Hey guys, as is the standard when selling something I'm offering this on here first before sticking it on STW or Fleabay after next weeks pay day!

I'm selling my Carera Virtuoso Road Bike. Medium size. I just don't use it. I bought it to cheer myself up when me and my ex had a argument. She was right when she said I'd hardly use it. I bought the bike, in April 2009 and it has done less than 150 miles in total. It is still as new and even has the bobble on the tyres!

I paid, £329 for it. It's currently on sale for £299, so I reckon it's worth £180!

I doubt anyone here is interested but I'd thought I'd offer it up here first.

Here's the full spec:

* Frame Material: Aluminium
    * Frame Size: 21-22
    * Gears: 16-20
    * Suspension: Rigid
    * Frame Size (cm): 51 - 54
    * Brake Type: Dual Pivot Caliper Brake
    * Chainset: Pro Wheel Gloria Compact
    * Forks: Blade Fork with 1-1/8 Steerer
    * Frame Colour: Black and Blue
    * Frame-: Lightweight 7005 compact Aluminium
    * Front Brake: Shimano Lever with Tektro 510A Dual Pivot Brake Caliper
    * Front Mech: Shimano
    * Gear Shifters: Shimano ST-2200 16 Speed
    * Handle Bars: Kalloy Alloy 26mms
    * Headset: Ahead Set
    * Hubs: Alloy
    * Number of Gears: 16
    * Pedals: Black resin with Toe Clips
    * Rear Brake: Shimano Lever with Tektro 510A Dual Pivot Brake Caliper
    * Rear Mech: Shimano
    * Rims: Double Wall Alloy
    * Saddle: Carrera
    * Seatpost: Kalloy Alloy 27.2mm
    * Stem: Kalloy Alloy
    * Tyre size: 700 x 25C
    * Tyres: Innova 700 x 25C
    * Wheel size: 700C
    * Approximate Weight (KG): 10.5

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />    Less than 1 minute ago" />   
I may know someone who's interested..........

Will get back to you.
Ok cool. Be good if i can shift it pretty quikcly. The money will pay for the Megavalanche!
I need to claw back some bash spend for the Mega, anyone want to make me a sensible offer on this?
"mashley" Wrote:I need to claw back some bash spend for the Mega, anyone want to make me a sensible offer on this?

Will ask at my new place - someones bound to want one......
Cheers Ben. Ive had it up at my place but no one wants it. Sensible offers though, it is virtually brand new.
Silly question mate but is it big for a medium?  Undecided.
I am looking for a road bike for the Mrs and she rides a medium MTB but is only short, so it may be too long a reach frame for her. I can see the saddle adjustment for your leg size. What sort of inside leg measurement do you have ?(not prison talk Wink)
I usually wear a 30cm leg jean if that helps? Not sure i know my inside leg measurement. Its not big though, you wlecome to try it out. Or take her to your local halfords and sit on one (enter your own prison talk!) then get back to me. No other interest so far so its your if your quick. It is virtually brand new as well, just no pedals.

Oh one point i do tend to run my saddle high for a short ass!
Same here re Jean size and her legs are about 3 inches shorter than mine.
OK mate I i'll take her up the Halfords at the weekend  :B Wink and get back to you
"mashley" Wrote:I usually wear a 30cm leg jean if that helps? Not sure i know my inside leg measurement. Its not big though, you wlecome to try it out. Or take her to your local halfords and sit on one (enter your own prison talk!) then get back to me. No other interest so far so its your if your quick. It is virtually brand new as well, just no pedals.

What are you, a hobbit? inches, not cm...  Wink
Keep it foolish...