This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting started with CAD ???
Guys, seems my job description is about to change;

I'd be shadowing the fella who handles our site's CAD drawings, for redesigns, moving walls/offices, etc, as he's retiring & needs a successor !!

Knowing Sketchy is 80% CAD designers and 20% 'other jobs' Wink
- can anyone recommend some good tutorials, so I can get ahead of the game?

btw - I don't know what s/w he's running yet, only just found out I may be leaving my current team shortly!! Sad
Sorry to hear it Jay - but you probably couldnt get any more/better help, than the 4000 CAD designers on here........ (slight exageration)

Im betting my pants its AutoCAD you need to learn.

I myself would like to learn it, as my CAD system is packaging based and specific to my industry.

Laggingbehind, Tinc and Winnie are your main contacts I would imagine.
Training is available but usually consists of numerous weeks at college on Saturday mornings & provides you with a City & Guilds.

If it is Acad you need to learn then it would be in your interests to get a copy of Acad to play with & a copy of AutoCad for dummies.  It's really quite simple to use.

AutoCad LT is only about £2500.00 & the full version is about £3200.00

You should not go down the route of finding someone with a snide copy to load onto your home machine to practice with.  That would be illegal & morally wrong!

Hopefully I'll see you Wednesday night.
Training, training.... bugger are you saying there's training courses for Autocad... must look into this  :o
Oh........ I seem to have a copy of ACad 2010 on my desktop...........

How did that get there?.......

Hang on...... I have a 6 part training course there too!..........

Damn computers are good!

Wink
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Training, training.... bugger are you saying there's training courses for Autocad... must look into this  :o

Calm down dear; this isn't a real problem!  You'll be fine, just blag it like the rest of us ;D
"Tinc" Wrote:Training is available but usually consists of numerous weeks at college on Saturday mornings & provides you with a City & Guilds.

If it is Acad you need to learn then it would be in your interests to get a copy of Acad to play with & a copy of AutoCad for dummies.  It's really quite simple to use.

AutoCad LT is only about £2500.00 & the full version is about £3200.00

You should not go down the route of finding someone with a snide copy to load onto your home machine to practice with.  That would be illegal & morally wrong!

Hopefully I'll see you Wednesday night.

You can get the lite version for about £725... maybe cheaper if you shop around
"Tinc" Wrote:Calm down dear; this isn't a real problem!  You'll be fine, just blag it like the rest of us ;D

phew
Can I have a job now guys?

I'll have this shizzle mastered by 5pm...............

Its like etcha-sketch right? - just easier.  Wink
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Can I have a job now guys?

I'll have this shizzle mastered by 5pm...............

Its like etcha-sketch right? - just easier.  Wink

much easier.. but the fun just isn't there unfortunately.